Still able to get tickets for MSG?

life_247

General Admission is sold out for the MSG show in just a few days time. General admission normally goes quick and is the best place to be (Face it :P)

But i can still get a PAIR of tickets at the top price ($89.50 each) :

Price Level 1

PROMENADE 200 LEVEL SEATING

RESERVED SEATING

Section 210 Row B

How is this still classed as sold out? In the UK sold out means, no more tickets are being sold by official vendors - they've all been sold every single damn seat. (The only occasional exception would be restricted view or dress circle standing).

Edited by life_247

MSG has sold well no doubt but im just a little confused.

General Admission (I.E down the front) has all sold for sure and has been that way for a while.

The only explanation is a few sales being denied by credit/debit cards etc.

General Admission is sold out for the MSG show in just a few days time. General admission normally goes quick and is the best place to be (Face it :P)

But i can still get a PAIR of tickets at the top price ($89.50 each) :

Price Level 1

PROMENADE 200 LEVEL SEATING

RESERVED SEATING

Section 210 Row B

How is this still classed as sold out? In the UK sold out means, no more tickets are being sold by official vendors - they've all been sold every single damn seat. (The only occasional exception would be restricted view or dress circle standing).

the definition of sell out is that america has the same scum bag scalpers as other countries do. those balding guys wearing the wife-beater t-shirts with yellow or missing teeth. so guns, because they care about their fans, reserve tickets for shows that are anticipated to sell out to try and fuck up the scalper fuckers.

For the people who are confused, in America, an event is considered 'sold out' when you cannot buy 2 or more seats next to each other. If you can only buy single tickets, the event will be considered sold out.

I hope that clears things up.

Edited by Superhuman55

They're not out to get the scalpers. That's silly.

They probably just keep releasing new sets of tickets as the show gets closer. This isn't an uncommon thing.

Really? Than why were those tickets at msg referred to in the official eMails, in the same sections directly accross from each other?

BEcause they were set aside ahead of time.

Um.. that's what I just said.

no. you said they aren't out to get scalpers. but holding back tickets for a show that will likely sell out is done for no other reason than to DISCOURAGE scalpers. it's alot easier for a busy band's management to sit back and not care.

I'm not talking about the single-seat issue or the tickets that pop up in the ticketmaster computer after failed deals. I'm talkign about the tickets held by guns management that were in decent sections directly accross from each other that were referred to in the official emails that we got.

Edited by OnTheNightTrain

GnR is not holding tickets back to thwart scalpers. In fact, I'm sure they don't mind scalpers selling the tickets. It's money in their pockets and then the scalpers assume the risk for moving the tickets. As I see it, there are two possibilities for the tickets.

1. They wanted to say it was a "Sold Out Show" to build excitement and hopefully ticket sales for the other shows. So they help back the last couple hundred seats. With a few days left, they released them knowing that if they didn't sell, they wouldn't take too much of a hit financially.

2. These seats were reserved by the band. GnR has roots in NY (Fortus, Bumble, Axl as of late) perhaps they thought their friends and families would want seats so they those tickets aside. When they found out that they didn't need them, they were released to the public. This happens with professional athletes all the time.

It will be a packed house on Friday night. I don't see why everyone is so worried about the shows selling out. Fewer people means shorter beer and bathroom lines. I'm sure the band will get by financially.

GnR is not holding tickets back to thwart scalpers. In fact, I'm sure they don't mind scalpers selling the tickets. It's money in their pockets and then the scalpers assume the risk for moving the tickets. As I see it, there are two possibilities for the tickets.

1. They wanted to say it was a "Sold Out Show" to build excitement and hopefully ticket sales for the other shows. So they help back the last couple hundred seats. With a few days left, they released them knowing that if they didn't sell, they wouldn't take too much of a hit financially.

2. These seats were reserved by the band. GnR has roots in NY (Fortus, Bumble, Axl as of late) perhaps they thought their friends and families would want seats so they those tickets aside. When they found out that they didn't need them, they were released to the public. This happens with professional athletes all the time.

It will be a packed house on Friday night. I don't see why everyone is so worried about the shows selling out. Fewer people means shorter beer and bathroom lines. I'm sure the band will get by financially.

yes, no problems financially.

but i still think they hold back tickets to thwart scalpers. some major bands in the past, like U2, have publicly stated this.