The Clash - London Calling

swlabr

To be quite honest, I don't even consider The Clash punk. In all reality, they're so much more than that. In this cd, they cover so many styles. most of their songs have great melodies and catchy choruses. overall, i think this is one great cd. what do you guys think?

One of the first records I bought.. Loved in since then.

Swlabr is a great song btw.

its one of my fave songs :)

some of mine off london calling are, wrong em boyo, lost in the supermarket, clampdown, spanish bombs and of course train in vain :heart:

To be quite honest, I don't even consider The Clash punk. In all reality, they're so much more than that. In this cd, they cover so many styles. most of their songs have great melodies and catchy choruses. overall, i think this is one great cd. what do you guys think?

I always considered the clash a punk band because of all the politics in their lyrics, but yes I can deffinately see where you're coming from. Joe Strummer was one of my favourite song writers, after I listened to the lyrics on London Calling for the first time, I felt more awake to the world around me and started taking political views, life changing stuff.

This is why the Clash are my favourite band, they were so diverse and bridged into raggae, funk, experimental rock, hip hop (Magnificent Seven off Sandinista! CD 1, best rap of all time) techno and electronic. London Calling, Combat Rock and The Clash (Self titled) US version are 3 of my album must-haves. While Sandinista! is great, it has alot of crap on it and Give 'Em Enough Rope was alot more guitar rock, than lyrical liberation, the main reason I love them and find myself tyring of it very quick.

Edited by pain cake

i think, as stated in previous posts, that its an awful album. a self concious attempt at showing everybody how cultured and diverse they are. its so obvious its painful. this is my rock n roll song and THIS is my reggae song and THIS is my history lesson, its just SO painful to listen to. its like when you ask a certain type of college boy what his favorite albums are he'll go out of his way to name shit thats like...each ones totally different from the other. theyre just...well...pathetic. trying to be politically relevant when really, in that sense, what good did they do? OH! i know! they created the template for Rik from The Young Ones. influences show best when you can't help it, not when you go out to try and copy those you admire, thats jusr childish in the worst possible sense.

Edited by frankwhite

i think, as stated in previous posts, that its an awful album. a self concious attempt at showing everybody how cultured and diverse they are. its so obvious its painful. this is my rock n roll song and THIS is my reggae song and THIS is my history lesson, its just SO painful to listen to. its like when you ask a certain type of college boy what his favorite albums are he'll go out of his way to name shit thats like...each ones totally different from the other. theyre just...well...pathetic. trying to be politically relevant when really, in that sense, what good did they do? OH! i know! they created the template for Rik from The Young Ones. influences show best when you can't help it, not when you go out to try and copy those you admire, thats jusr childish in the worst possible sense.

rock4