TMZ: Slash gear banned from GNR concert

kropotkin

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to respond to the thread that we deleted.

I'm almost positive that this was written by a former banned member. The writing style and ridiculous story matches her style word for word.This isn't the first thread she's created over the years, where she makes up stories to further her personal vendetta for being banned.

However, I'm happy to respond to her bogus story: I contacted the security manager who handled security at the Winnipeg show because fans had started a thread making a claim about Slash gear being banned. I didn't believe the claims initially, which is why I closed the thread. But when several members contacted me in pms insisting they had witnessed it firsthand, I decided to check into it myself.

So I made calls and spoke to the security manager who headed up security that night. I simply asked if there was a special security policy that evening, and the manager went into great detail about the Slash hats and gear and how several people had been turned away, and he specifically said the instructions had come from "Axl." I didn't ask him - he volunteered it. Personally, I figured he probably meant somebody from Axl's camp. But that's all there is to the story.

As for TMZ, they clearly spoke to the same person who headed up security that I did - not some kid who answers phones at the venue. TMZ is a nationally syndicated show and would not just run a story based on something they read on an internet forum. That's just silly.

As for my support for the band - anyone who has been here for any length of time knows that I've been here building this forum's membership from day one. I've spent eight years keeping GNR's name alive and keeping discussions going even when there was no GNR news. So, it's quite ludicrous for anyone to suggest I don't support the band and Axl. Ridiculous.

Maddy, with all due respect, don't we have to 'source' these kind of things in the discussion & news section. Calling a random security manager would hardly pass as a valid source for MYGNRFORUM mods.

After you posted your 'unsourced' story, TMZ came with the exact same story.

Can't we just leave this shit for what it was, close this topic, and move on and enjoy the current great ride we're all experiencing with the new band? Cumbaja!

I know this isn't helping but why won't this thread just die already?

I am in complete agreement. We should be focussing our efforts on more noble endeavors, like moving to legalize the use of wheelchairs in Canada.

This story is 100% untrue, confirmed... I know it sounds cool to think he may have done that to certain members, but its someone's ideas blown outta proportion, can this thread be locked or dead now? Another classic media hyper twisting and fabricating of something they want you to believe...

I didn't think the level of denial that goes on at HTGTH would take place here as well, but clearly it is. Madison confirmed it. TMfuckingZ confirmed it. What more do you want? Nobody is saying it happened at all shows. It did, however did happen at the show that is in question and this is what we are talking about. Now could the director of Security possibly have been misinformed? Of course, but all we have to go on is his word and the statements of several forum members.But in your eyes, this is just some massive campaign to smear Axl/GNR,which Madison would not do anyway.

Does it make sense that "Slash" gear was banned at one show and not others? Not really but plenty of things don't make much sense in GnR-land.

How could the director of Security possibly have been misinformed? He said to madison that the order came from Axl. Unless he don't know how Axl looks like...

Do you honestly think that Axl personally told the head of security in person that this is what he wanted? C'mon. Even if this is what Axl wanted, there is no way he would inform the venue's security head about this face to face. That's what management is for. And the fact that another party, like management, was involved in this alleged chain of communication makes it more likely that there may have been a misunderstanding as information was passed along. Hence the possibility of being misinformed.

Ali

That's what I would like to point. Everyone since then says Axl is an ashole blah blah...

I am in complete agreement. We should be focussing our efforts on more noble endeavors, like moving to legalize the use of wheelchairs in Canada.

That´s the point ... we should give it up ...

Madison hasn´t done something wrong or bad... she phoned this guy to try to find out if thing she was told by several members were truth ... that´s all ... then she told here what she was told by this guy ... the rest of things aren´t up to her

Back of the net :lol:

If it's the same banned member that I'm assuming it is, she's done a lot nuttier things than that over the years - including stalking forum members she doesn't like in the real world.

I'm not sure. I think the constant references to "Mr. Slash" gave it that extra pinch of legitimacy. :lol:

Edited by dancingwasteland

Sorry but I don´t believe Axl would waste his time giving this kind of instructions. He has more important things to care about than thinking of not allowing people with slash top hats or t shirts to enter the venue. And, the fact that this hasn´t happened in any of the shows makes it even harder to believe.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

Sorry but I don´t believe Axl would waste his time giving this kind of instructions. He has more important things to care about than thinking of not allowing people with slash top hats or t shirts to enter the venue. And, the fact that this hasn´t happened in any of the shows makes it even harder to believe.

Well, Madison did say that she didn't think that the order came from Axl, but somewhere in "his camp".

Big deal anyways. This was weeks ago now, if it happened or not isn't very important now, since it obviously don't happen anymore, even though I'm sure it did happen at this show if Madison say so.

Well, Madison did say that she didn't think that the order came from Axl, but somewhere in "his camp".

Big deal anyways. This was weeks ago now, if it happened or not isn't very important now, since it obviously don't happen anymore, even though I'm sure it did happen at this show if Madison say so.

Oh, its quite important if your agenda is to just be consistently unhappy with things these past 10 or so years.

All you need do is look at the people who consier this big doings. Its the latest in a long lone of "outrages", as they see it. Must be a lot of work being so outrage all the time.

Oh, its quite important if your agenda is to just be consistently unhappy with things these past 10 or so years.

All you need do is look at the people who consier this big doings. Its the latest in a long lone of "outrages", as they see it. Must be a lot of work being so outrage all the time.

Well said. I often wonder how exhausting it must be for BBA to find any review with any negative tone to it and then focus on the criticisms instead of the compliments.

There is no evidence this has happened at any other show besides Winnipeg. I think it's safe to say that undermines the notion that this was GN'R's policy on apparel ban and renders this a non-issue.

Ali

Exactly, that´s the point ...

Wasn´t this thread locked by me ? :rofl-lol:

:P

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

What the hell is this? :lol: People agreeing with me in the * GUNS N ROSES - DISCUSSION & NEWS-section? That don't happen too often.

I go to a rock show to enjoy the music - not to make a fashion statement.

I could give a fuck what t-shirt I'm wearing. The music being played is what is important to me. And if I want to pay money to attend a show, I will follow what every rules they put out there.

And if you dont like the rules of the show . . . . then DONT GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Pretty simple. Bitching and crying about it on a message board isn't going to solve your problem or prove anything.

Ok I'm in my seat in Ottawa and I personally watched a guy walk in with complete slash costume and nobody said anythig other than a few snickers so can we please stfu.

I feel this is officially dead in the water. This comes from Jackie moon personally, the highest authority.

Ok I'm in my seat in Ottawa and I personally watched a guy walk in with complete slash costume and nobody said anythig other than a few snickers so can we please stfu.

I feel this is officially dead in the water. This comes from Jackie moon personally, the highest authority.

So with your observation (the highest authority, after all) and the comments from the man himself, we can officially say this rumour was not true and let it die.

Get a picture of this please.