Welcome to mygnrforum.com Guns N' Roses Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith (37 member(s) have cast votes)

The Rolling Stones vs. Aerosmith

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

bacardimayne

bacardimayne

Fatter than ever

• SILVER
  • 16,193 posts
  • 10-May 08
Aerosmith is only good if you're a 55 year old aunt.

dQOAHSG.png

Redhead74

Redhead74

FRONTWOMAN

• SILVER
  • 9,415 posts
  • 12-July 12

WTF? Is there even a comparison? The Rolling Stones BY FAR. Aerosmith is a good band with a couple of good albums and hits but it's SO overrated.

Couldn't agree more. The only comparison or similiarity between the two can be related to the size of the lead singers' lips.

Randy Lahey

Randy Lahey

FRONTMAN

• Returned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts
  • 29-June 06
Aerosmith has never really been in the same league as The Stones.
Posted Image
Welcome To The Jungle of Smooth Flamenco Beatz
Dre Day will make Axl's payday.

wasted

wasted

Freedom Fighter

• Members
  • 37,896 posts
  • 31-March 04
Aerosmith are really just a Stones tribute act.

Ides Of March, Berlin, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, Silkworms , Down By The Ocean (Izzy), Soul Monster, Seven , The General , Thyme , Quick Song, Zodiac. You know you should believe!

kok

kok

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • 23-February 07
Don`t particularly like either of them. That said Aerosmith have one great song with Dream on and Stones have 10-15 great songs, so Stones for me.

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • 11-August 12
They were not that good in the 70s really. A few good funky rock riffs (Walk this Way, Get the Lead Out) but nothing outstanding. I believe they only became big because Americans were desperate for a homespun rock band. Americans during this period were listening to big British bands (Stones, Who, Zep, Purple). It wasn't good for the, collective ego. So America said, ''that is a band that plays blues rock; that singer looks like Jagger. Let's have them''. In Britain it didn't wash. Aerosmith toured Britain in, I think around 1975, and were laughed-off the stage.

The Real McCoy

The Real McCoy

FRONTMAN

• SILVER
  • 5,628 posts
  • 14-February 11
Love both, but Aerosmith was my first favorite band, that gives them the edge for me.

The Stones are in my top 5, to be fair.

"I'm the original rock n' roll cliche, Gypsy, pirate, cowboy, You wouldn't last a minute in my boots, 'Cos baby, I'm the Real McCoy" - Hanoi Rocks

Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I WILL EAT YOUR PUPPY

• SILVER
  • 16,608 posts
  • 14-August 07
1. Stones, and it's not even close.
2. If you dont dig either of these bands, pray tell how some of you lot are Guns N' Roses fans ?

KILL LENNY.

He's fighting for ISIS.

moreblack

moreblack

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  • 03-April 03

WTF? Is there even a comparison? The Rolling Stones BY FAR. Aerosmith is a good band with a couple of good albums and hits but it's SO overrated.

that goes for the other band too tbh.

“To the ones who are negative and want to see either myself or the new band fall on their faces, personally I can’t pass up an opportunity to upset so many of them in one quick swoop. I get misty-eyed just thinking about it."

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • 11-August 12

2. If you dont dig either of these bands, pray tell how some of you lot are Guns N' Roses fans ?

Often wondered that m self in relation to the toxic twins. When Slash repeats that often-repeated anecdote about discovering Rocks at some girls house and ignoring the girl, I keep thinking that I would sooner shag the girl and throw the Rocks album in the bin.

Vincent Vega

Vincent Vega

FRONTMAN

• Banned
  • 12,662 posts
  • 30-March 06

They were not that good in the 70s really. A few good funky rock riffs (Walk this Way, Get the Lead Out) but nothing outstanding. I believe they only became big because Americans were desperate for a homespun rock band. Americans during this period were listening to big British bands (Stones, Who, Zep, Purple). It wasn't good for the, collective ego. So America said, ''that is a band that plays blues rock; that singer looks like Jagger. Let's have them''. In Britain it didn't wash. Aerosmith toured Britain in, I think around 1975, and were laughed-off the stage.

Yeah after Jim Morrison died in '71 it kinda left a big void in awesome American rock bands. The Doors were, I read, one of the Stones' biggest American competition and were about as popular in the States as the Stones while Morrison was alive.
-Member formerly known as Mr. Miser/Honky Chateau/Memnoch the Devil/Indigo Child/Clark Gable/Virgil Caine-
GUNS N' ROSES = AXL, SLASH, IZZY, DUFF, STEVEN

DieselDaisy

DieselDaisy

FRONTMAN

• Members
  • 6,726 posts
  • 11-August 12
And the Byrds broke up, '73. Tyler and Perry actually discuss the odd situation in their biography. You had this paradox of American kids, listening to British bands, playing American music! Kiss and Aerosmith were seen as the antidote.

Sprite

Sprite

SUPER GOD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • 28-January 05
That's a tough vote. Two of my favorites, if I absolutely had to pick, aerosmith I suppose..

luciusfunk

luciusfunk

The Imposter

• SILVER
  • 6,652 posts
  • 21-September 05

And the Byrds broke up, '73. Tyler and Perry actually discuss the odd situation in their biography. You had this paradox of American kids, listening to British bands, playing American music! Kiss and Aerosmith were seen as the antidote.

You could throw ZZ Top in there, too.

vvZ4ihN.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users