gnr bootlegs for sale on ebay

ssiscool

The thing is people try to expand their collections by trading, and they do it for fun and to have a collection...then there's people who go and make money off doing this and the people doing it for fun don't like that I guess. I bought a show from someone on eBay, and the package was sent from David Prisby. Few days later I downloaded It's So Easy from Frankfurt 93 I believe, and there's a big thing that comes over the screen in the beginning of the song that says, Thank <blank>, <blank>, <blank>, and David Prisby...and all the assholes who buy from them for this logo. This show is to be given out for free to any fan who wants it. So yeah, there's some hostility between traders and sellers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd never have had anything to trade if i hadn't bought bootlegs off ebay. I had dial up until a few weeks ago so downloading wasn't an option.

I can see arguments for both sides - but i think most of the people who buy bootlegs etc are not in a position to trade/download them because they don't know about sites like this or they don't have a speedy internet connection.

R.

Guest gnr>everything
The thing is people try to expand their collections by trading, and they do it for fun and to have a collection...then there's people who go and make money off doing this and the people doing it for fun don't like that I guess. I bought a show from someone on eBay, and the package was sent from David Prisby. Few days later I downloaded It's So Easy from Frankfurt 93 I believe, and there's a big thing that comes over the screen in the beginning of the song that says, Thank <blank>, <blank>, <blank>, and David Prisby...and all the assholes who buy from them for this logo. This show is to be given out for free to any fan who wants it. So yeah, there's some hostility between traders and sellers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd never have had anything to trade if i hadn't bought bootlegs off ebay. I had dial up until a few weeks ago so downloading wasn't an option.

I can see arguments for both sides - but i think most of the people who buy bootlegs etc are not in a position to trade/download them because they don't know about sites like this or they don't have a speedy internet connection.

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, same for me. If I hadn't bought any off eBay I wouldn't have a collection at all, or even got into the whole collecting/trading thing. I think most people need to buy them off eBay unless they get to know people in the trading community that will do a B+P or send them a few shows.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that's the stage I am at right now. I have just begun collecting this stuff in the past few months and ebay is very convenient in that regard. Soon I hope to be in the download section and at the bootleg forum uploading stuff instead of just downloading.

But I don't want to keep buying, especially since the quality of what you get back is sometimes lacking. Two days ago I got Rio II and I thought I was getting this version, but it actually ended up being this one instead, which is, naturally, the worst version there is. I watched a few minutes of it and while the quality is acceptable it just looks like the other versions quite a fair bit better. I see that what you've got to do on Ebay is really try to figure out which version you're getting, and even still maybe just flat out ask the seller to be sure.

I also recently bought an original silver pressing of Le Beau Geste (didnt' get it yet), but that should be really good. I've got a few more items coming my way and then after that I think I will lay off (I need to save some money too!). I will buy a DVD burner in the new year and start doing it that way.