World War Z (The one Released April/16/2019)

DeadSlash

I guess there was an older game named World War Z, kept pulling up reviews for it.  I'll add more to this after I've played more.  This is currently a DS approved title.

Curious what other people thing of it, I'm loving it.  FINNNNALY a L4D style game with a fresh coat of paint.  

High points: 

Great visuals

- Massive amounts of zombies on screen, not even sure how it's possible*

- weapon leveling system, good variance of weapons.

- Character classes and class leveling.

- choke points with auto turrets, and defensed you can set up

- Nobody is a "pro" yet, so it's a far less toxic community in multiplayer vs. L4D.

Low points:

If you wanted something "very different" from the L4D formula, you'll be disappointed. 

- Vulkan setting causes frequent 1 second lock ups when FIRST starting a level, but runs better than the DX11 settings... however, the DX11 setting don't have those lockups in the beginning of the level... #quandry.

--------------

The massive wavs of zombies seen in these trailers are actually in the game, I thought this was straight bullshots, but all this shit is actually on screen at once. 

I'm curious about what people who have played it think, because it's got a user rating of 75(moving rapidly as reviews pour in) but it's mostly good reviews, with a bunch of 0 out of 10 ratings mentioning the Epic store.  So having a 70+ average, with a flush of review bombs dragging it down seems pretty good.

*I think I might have figured out how it's possible, some of the zombie hoards are really "one" enemy animated to look like a swarm of zombies.  In reality, it's not a glob of 50 independent AI's but actually 1 AI.  This absolutely WORKS because they are moving as a crowd, this was only something I keyed in on when blowing up a "hoard" with a missile or grenade.

Edited by DeadSlash

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone end up getting this?  If on PC let me know and maybe we can play a round or 2.

PS. It hit the million copy mark last week, and that was in spite of it being largely a flop on the PC because of the Epic thing.  Word is spreading that it is a fun ass game.