Bands today

axlrose15

new music today mostly sucks, think of all the other decades, they had great bands, the 00's have bands like mcr, bfmv and things such as plain white t's, mcfly... anyway as you get the point, it sucks

the only new band i like are year long disaster, mainly because they have a 70s rock style

i mean you wont be talking about in the future about mcr , like people talk now about like led zeppelin

where has all the good music gone?

Muse

The Killers

Interpol

White Stripes

Audioslave

Velvet Revolver

The Strokes

The Mars Volta

Tool

The Hives

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Mindless Self Indulgence

Gorillaz

Kings of Leon

Those are just some of the bands off the top of my head that are great '00 bands.

I don't know your taste in music but there are really good hard rock bands out there. The problem is that bands that make hard rock albuns are longer "famous" and their music rarely reach the mainstream public.

Here is some hard-rock bands[some of these bands have a long career] with some recent albuns..which i consider good. [you/someone may enjoy it too]

Pink Cream 69 - http://youtube.com/watch?v=WquBw34RmFU&feature=related [German band]

Nightingale - White Darkness - Really Good Album. What most impresses me on this album is the voice from Dan Swano [Death Metal Vocalist]. Before you dismiss it, the vocals on the Nightingale albums are clean and surprisingly melodic.

The Poodles - http://youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5KuCUhVpw [sweden hard rock band]

Crazy Lixx [swedish sleaze rock band]

This is some examples, there are way more bands out there that make really good music

Edited by RnFR

Muse

The Killers

Interpol

White Stripes

Audioslave

Velvet Revolver

The Strokes

The Mars Volta

Tool

The Hives

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Mindless Self Indulgence

Gorillaz

Kings of Leon

Those are just some of the bands off the top of my head that are great '00 bands.

^ What he said! (note to self, check out a few of those that i"m not familiar with.... :/)

Listen to Kevdo! Arctic Monkeys are the way to go. Also check out Brand New. Very good ban imo.

Muse - Yes

The Killers - No

Interpol - No

White Stripes - Yes

Audioslave - Maybe if their first album wasn't the only one worth listening to

Velvet Revolver - No

The Strokes - Maybe

The Mars Volta - Yes

Tool - Yes

The Hives - No

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Hell no

Mindless Self Indulgence - Maybe

Gorillaz - No

Kings of Leon - No

They're are.

You just have to look for them.

Magazines, Websites, word of mouth.

The days of music videos are pretty much over......and that was where alot of use to get our information.

Not to mention they're about a thousand more things for people to do with their freetime.....today than there was just even 10 years ago.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Muse - Yes

The Killers - No

Interpol - No

White Stripes - Yes

Audioslave - Maybe if their first album wasn't the only one worth listening to

Velvet Revolver - No

The Strokes - Maybe

The Mars Volta - Yes

Tool - Yes

The Hives - No

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Hell no

Mindless Self Indulgence - Maybe

Gorillaz - No

Kings of Leon - No

Excuse me. Who are you?

Muse

The Killers

Interpol

White Stripes

Audioslave

Velvet Revolver

The Strokes

The Mars Volta

Tool

The Hives

Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Mindless Self Indulgence

Gorillaz

Kings of Leon

Velvet Revolver arent that new though, well the people in it were already well known

gotta say the white stripes are alright though and kings of leon, audioslave ok too

but the rest i don't like, and by the way imo the arctic monkeys suck!

Eee, what day is it..?

Tuesday?

Tuesday's a Dougie day!

^_^

:lol:

Buzzcocks is awesome.

axlrose15: Have you given the other bands I mentioned an honest chance? Besides, those are just popular bands I mentioned. I'm sure there's loads of not well known bands today that are great.

Because you don't listen to anything else than the cliché rock'n'roll bands.

Open your eyes, and you'll see that there is just as many good bands today as it was 30 years ago.

Maybe this person just doesn't like the stuff out there, eh? Enough with this "open-minded, close-minded" bullshit. Music either gets you off or it doesn't, and it doesn't get this person off now. They are merely asking, "Where are all the bands that do it now for me? Why is my music demographic being ignored?"

Buy yourself a Tom Waits cd and stop looking for remakes of Led Zep.

Sure the 60s n 70s rock n roll's great but for people to be talking about bands in 30 yrs time like they talk about Led Zep....they're gonna have to sound nothing like Led Zep. There's a bunch of bands trying to sound like Led Zep and look like Led Zep if that's what you're looking for, but it's pretty boring if you ask me.

There's plenty of good rock bands out there these days, do you have MTV2?

True, they show more adverts than music these days but you should check out "120 minutes" it's on from like 11 or 12 or something.

You should pick up a few new bands there.

I'm not saying you're closed minded.....but you're not gonna turn on the radio and have a string of good songs handed to you.

Indie's the mainstream rock at the minute, doesn't mean music's in decline, fuck it, etc... etc...

You'll catch on soon enough.

NOW, go back and count how many times I said "Led Zep" in the first 3 lines.