Eric's review - Toronto concert

eRomano

Im writing this small review of the Toronto concert as I am in the train presently heading to Ottawa.

Nov 15th 7:45PM, went to the Amadillos bar where the HTGTH preparty was taking place. The place was still very full.

Had lots of fun there! Met forum member Montrealer, his wife, a guy named Dan. Said hi to mygnrforum and htgth Forum members and also a mod names BigFD. Missed Jarmo by about half an hour.

Got to the Air Canada Center at 10:30PM (I rarely attend opening acts).

Met Forum member Gunsguy (very cool guy!).

GNR went on at 11:37PM which I thought was excessively late (especially for those working the next morning). But the wait for them to get on after the last opening act didn’t feel like a long time.

PROS

The sound quality was superb (as it always is at the Air Canada Center).

The place was jam packed (I would say full).

Crowd had lots of energy (definitively well above average).

People stood up the whole time with few little exceltions.

The setlist might have been the similar as the other nights, but I leave this in the PROS because I think that it is a good setlist. The crowd responded very well to it. It has a little something for everyone.

Axls moves were really in synch with the music and were as always very cool.

Axls lyrics were perfectly in synch with the music (including Better)

Axls voice was great

CONS

No intro scream in Welcome to the Jungle came (what a bummer), well if there was one is was one of those times throughout the show when Axl would seem to be speaking something in the mike but nothing would come out in the speakers.

The image in both the right and left monitors was fuzzy because the focus needed adjustment.

The concert ended too late (1:50AM), because it started too late. Was a real shame to see people leave at 1AM because they needed to take public transport to get back home.

Although ALL solos were exceptional, I agree that they all killed a bit of the momentum as this was the only time where people would talk, sit down and or go to the washroom.

I wouldn<t exactly say Axl seemed to be in a great mood. His insinuation that the left part of the stage was falling asleep seemed completely uncalled for. I didn<t see him smile like at the Hammerstein concerts. Mabye that's because the monitors wern't clear enough.

CONCLUSION

It was a kickass concert and cant wait to see it again tonight and tomorrow night. All fans and people with an interest in GNR or rock music in general will enjoy this concert.

I noticed many people bringing their kids to the GNR concert. Was cool to see that for a lot of people going to the GNR concert was a family activity!

.. getting up at 6AM for my flight back to Montreal was really BRUTAL.

I'll update this post when I get a chance later as I have almost arrived in Ottawa.