rumor red hot chili peppers broke up

GUNSNROSES513

I hope it's true. They're way past their prime. They had one good album, a few good songs on albums filled mostly with filler, and a recent "double album" that had about two good tracks out of what, twenty +? Faith No More did RHCP, only better. Flea is the only talented guy in that band.

they have been able to maintain the same level of commercial success throughout the years so you can't call them washed up. i'm far from a fan but they've earned every bit of their success throughout the years.

Commercial success isn't proportional to quality, dude.

Stadium Arcadium was bloated. Almost every review of it mentioned that it should have been a single album. And if it had been, I think I might have enjoyed it more. I like Dani California, Desecration Smile, and a few others. But mostly it's filler. My favorite RHCP song is probably "Can't Stop," but on every one of their albums I always think there are only a few real stand-out tracks. That's just my personal taste, but I do really like Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

yeah i know that. but you made it sound like there washed up.

Creatively, not commercially.

ok, i understand

Yeah I got to agree with whoever said Chad Smith is great. He really is a good drummer, ighly overlooked, porbably has the smallest profile in the band. Shame he's the spitting image of Will Ferrell I just cant take the guy seriously anymore.

Flea is the only talented guy in that band.

:huh:

John Frusciante is a very talented guitarist. It's unfair to say flea is the only talented guy in the band.

they're all immensely talented, Chad Smith is one of the greatest drummers of our time and Kedis has a great voice.

Everything, except that last bit. Kiedis does NOT have a great voice. He's a good enough lyricist -but his vocal work :scared:

Flea is the only talented guy in that band.

:huh:

John Frusciante is a very talented guitarist. It's unfair to say flea is the only talented guy in the band.

Frusciante largely irritates me.

Just because he irritates you doesn't mean he isn't talented. Chad Smith is also a very talented drummer too. And wtf? FNM did RHCP only better? Why the fuck did you even compare those two? Epic and maybe a few others from the pre-Patton era are probably the only songs I can think of that can even be remotely similar to RHCP. You sir, are in need of a quick dose of an 18 wheeler over your head.

And wtf? FNM did RHCP only better? Why the fuck did you even compare those two? Epic and maybe a few others from the pre-Patton era are probably the only songs I can think of that can even be remotely similar to RHCP. You sir, are in need of a quick dose of an 18 wheeler over your head.

:lol:

Anthony attacked FNM and banned them from opening for the Chili Peppers/playing on the same tour as them because he thought they stole the RHCP's musical and fashion style. Patton talked about it once. He said Anthony eventually apologized, then saw another performance on SNL or something, and banned them again. Something like that.

Edited by Estranged Reality

And wtf? FNM did RHCP only better? Why the fuck did you even compare those two? Epic and maybe a few others from the pre-Patton era are probably the only songs I can think of that can even be remotely similar to RHCP. You sir, are in need of a quick dose of an 18 wheeler over your head.

:lol:

Anthony attacked FNM and banned them from opening for the Chili Peppers/playing on the same tour as them because he thought they stole the RHCP's musical and fashion style. Patton talked about it once. He said Anthony eventually apologized, then saw another performance on SNL or something, and banned them again. Something like that.

Ah, I thought you were talking musical-wise. Well, looks-wise I guess there were both similar in The Real Thing era, but I don't see how FNM did it better (unless surgeons uniforms is considered a step up).