When did you first hear Guns N' Roses?

Ok,  the topics were gettin boring so I figured we need another useless one.  Where were you when you first heard Gn'R.   Were you a fan right away?  Did you go out and buy all the albums?  Let us know,  at least it gives us somethign to b/s about.

Ok, this is sad but I'll help you out and reply to your posting.

It was in the late 80's, I was in High School in New York.  I heard Sweet Child of Mine and completely blew me away.  Then when I saw them on TV, I knew I'll be a fan forever.  I remember being at the record store faced with the dilemma of getting Appetite in vinyl or cassette.  I chose the cassette.  (yeah, I'm that old  ;D)

This is a messed up situation.  I actually heard Guns N' Roses for the first time riding with my mom in her car to school.  She had a tape with appetite on one side and lies on the other.  I was blown away, they didn't want me listening to them at first.  Cuz she had on "I used to love her."  But I was like, give me this tape.  That was when i was 13..i'm now 18 and will be a GUNNER 4-liFE!!

G-Face

I have like heard GnR around the house since like around 90..(born 86 :) My brother was/is now a big GnR fan..

I though they where kewl and all, like why brother listened to them so they had to be kewl, But what I was most fascinated over was that it was hard rock  ;D

I picked my brother cd`s up again like in the start of year 2000 listened some to em thought they where really kewl and all, had them away a little while before the summer 00 when I really got hucked.. I mean God damn I got hucked..  :D

But it more sneaked into me, I wasnt hucked immidiatly..

Hasnt really been my kind of music.. Always listened to slower rock like music..

It brings me back to great memories,I first hear guns on the radio when appetite came, the first song was "sweet child o'mine"and i was hooked forever than i saw "paradise city" on T.V I bought the album right away.Also when i heared "you could be mine" on terminator 2 soundtrack was a great moment in my life. 8) :) :) :)

Ok, Here's my story.....It was the summer of '89, and I was really young...my cousin had a basket thing full of cassets, and I wanted to listen to one.  I was digging through it, then I found Appetite.  I thought the cover looked killer, and once I heard "Jungle"  I was a fan for life.  After that,  I bought Appetite and Lies,  Then I just bought everything as it was released.

Actually I can't really remember.. :/

I got uyi 1 for christmas '91 (i think), but didnt know what they were and ditn't even listen to it. it wasn't till '96 when i first heared coma. I realized that i had an album... Well you can figure out the rest :)

My best GnR memory was during the christmas of '92.  I remember after we ate breakfast,  my mom gave me an envelope and it said it was from Santa.  Inside were 2 GnR tickets for Faro ND '93 March 21st.  Then just this last christmas, she did the same thing with the Vegas tickets, even though i already knew i was goin, so i wasnt surprised this time.

When appetite came out in like the third grade I saw them on MTV.  I was one of the only kids with MTV on my block because it was a premium channel back then.  My older brother was like 14 so he had it on, and I bought Appetite on cassette when I was like 7 years old.

Saul

First of all thanks for suggesting this topic,twas really great to remember this moment of my life......

And the moment.....The first song I heard was YCBM after the movie was over..and I decided to buy a tape.At that time I wasnt a fan of GNR so I didnt know the albums. I went to a little shop and asked a tape of GNR ...and y'know.... what I bought was UYI2 ..not Lies not AFD but UYI 2.That was my luck...and the destiny...I was destined to be a GNR fan for life...First I didnt listen to a whole tape and decided that YCBM wasnt on that one...but one day....I was sitting with my mom in the kitchen and listening music...I just decided to listen to it...and....WHOA....YCBM was on it ...I started jumping...like I gone totally nuts......that was the day it started....

• 1 year later...

It was 86 or 87,I was in the 6th grade.I heard these older guys singing welcome to the jungle.I had'nt seen the video yet but I still asked for the tape for x-mas.My 1st tape.The 1st time i heard it I loved it.the next year I got one of those huge pathches that cover up your whole back for the back of my jacket.circle w/ 2 gun's.AFD is still one of the greatest albums ever.

One day I was over at my older cousins house and I was just hanging out...watching T.V. And then he calls me in his room and was like "Here, have this CD, I hate it...you might like it." So, I took it home and listened to it and I fell in love with it. I would come home from school everyday and play that CD while I sang along with it. Now, I thank my cousin, lol. So, I got my first GNR album from my cousin cuz he hated it.

IN 92 when i was 7 my Mam bought Sky Tv for Queen weekend! Gn'r were on with November Rain and at the Freddie tribute. I got into their stuff then but i didn't buy an album 'til 2000. I heard Nov Rain somewhere and though i must get the album. So i bought UYI 1 and 2 on the same day!

When GNR first appeared, I didn't care much for them.  My nephew, who was 15 at the time, loved them but he was also getting into a lot of trouble.  I blamed the music he was into.  I thought GNR was a bad influence on all teenagers.  Then in '93, I had the strangest dream: All the members in GNR were my friends!  They were all so cool and super nice to me, especially Axl.  When I woke up, I was in disbelief.  I thought, "NO!  Of all the people in the world to dream about, WHY THEM!"  I immediately turned on MTV & waited for a GNR video.  After several days of watching MTV & seeing several GNR videos, I realized how wrong I was.  I was hooked.  I went out & bought all the GNR cd's.  Their music is the greatest & Axl's voice is clearly the best!.  I'll wait patiently for more. cwm38.gif

Guest Lindy

i guess it was in january 2003. I heard Paradise City and welcome to the jungle, and the same day i buyed ALL their albums.... ;D

i mean im only 13 so that doesnt really give me much time, i actually started listening to them this year when my friend gnr_rocks made me listen to it with her.  i was like hey this is really good.  and now i have 4 of their cds but i'm getting live era and the spaghetti incident soon.