Question for older forum members.

awesome 80's

I remember back in the early 90's. i would get a bunch of crap from mainly the heavy metal and rap fans for liking hair bands. every time i would wear a motley crue or def leppard shirt i would get crap for it. and this is before the whole grunge scene exploded. my question was did you get the same shit back in the day?

Edited by awesome 80's

Lithium's gonna come in flashing his "Anti-Hair Metal" badge. Watch..

is he suppose to be the music police on this board?

No, but when it comes to enforcing laws against hair metal, he's the best.

He really dislikes hair metal. Can't say I'm a fan though.

No, but when it comes to enforcing laws against hair metal, he's the best.

He really dislikes hair metal. Can't say I'm a fan though.

sounds like my nephew. except my nephew is is into that pop-punk and emo stuff. he thinks he knows good music but he doesn't. it's pretty humorous when he goes on his older generation's of music suck rants. kids got so much to learn.

Edited by awesome 80's

don't mind lithium man ;) He just can't understand the greatness of hair metal rock3

If you mean that I don't understand what's so great about lyrics written about the same brainless subjects over and over and over again, men who use more hairspray than their actual weight, the same boring formulas and song-structures, and music genuinly produced for girls; then yes, you are absolutely 100% correct about me.

my question was did you get the same shit back in the day?

no.

bands of whom i wore a t-shirt:

Motley Crue

Ratt

Ozzy

Cinderella

Ozzy

W.A.S.P.

that's all i can remember. i had this cool Motley Crue shirt that was made just for their Texas dates on the Theatre Of Pain tour. it said "Crue Grit" up at the top and Allister Fiend riding a bull and holding a shotgun with the Alamo in the background. i think i wore that shirt 3 days a week in 7th grade (85-86).

I remember back in the early 90's. i would get a bunch of crap from mainly the heavy metal and rap fans for liking hair bands. every time i would wear a motley crue or def leppard shirt i would get crap for it. and this is before the whole grunge scene exploded. my question was did you get the same shit back in the day?

Yup! Hell I even got it from my own wife!

my question was did you get the same shit back in the day?

no.

bands of whom i wore a t-shirt:

Motley Crue

Ratt

Ozzy

Cinderella

Ozzy

W.A.S.P.

that's all i can remember. i had this cool Motley Crue shirt that was made just for their Texas dates on the Theatre Of Pain tour. it said "Crue Grit" up at the top and Allister Fiend riding a bull and holding a shotgun with the Alamo in the background. i think i wore that shirt 3 days a week in 7th grade (85-86).

i'm talking about the early 90's dude.

okay lets get back on topic.

Translation: "I do not have a good reply to Lithium's post".

i said that because people were getting off topic. btw i do somewhat agree with your post. there was alot of stupidity about the genre. but there was a lot of cool thing's about the genre as well.

OK, please tell me what's cool about bands like Warrant, Poison, Whitesnake and Firehouse.

i said that because people were getting off topic. btw i do somewhat agree with your post. there was alot of stupidity about the genre. but there was a lot of cool thing's about the genre as well.

OK, please tell me what's cool about bands like Warrant, Poison, Whitesnake and Firehouse.

Who gives a shit, dude?!?! The guy likes hair metal; so what? There's a lot of shitty things about grunge, too.... and speed metal.... and pop, and rap, etc.

My personel opinion, nothing. Whitesnake wasnt to bad though

Who gives a shit, dude?!?! The guy likes hair metal; so what? There's a lot of shitty things about grunge, too.... and speed metal.... and pop, and rap, etc.

I'm just trying to have a discussion, that's after all what a forum is made for.

those were the second wave of hair bands and i never cared for any of them. these were the bands that were cool.

motley crue

twisted sister

ratt

quiet riot

def leppard

those were the bands that kicked ass. i loved them all.

I'm just trying to have a discussion, that's after all what a forum is made for.

Fair enough; just seemed like you were attacking the guy cuz he liked hair metal. He wasn't even the one who took a shot at you.

Anyway, I have Poison's Greatest Hits.... pretty good CD.

Edited by rocketking