L.A. guns

c2zero

yep very big fan and Hollywood Vampires is my favorite album but Cocked & Loaded is awsome to.in 1999 Shrinking Violet was the only L.A. Guns album with singer Jizzy Pearl and i like that album alot especially Bad Whiskey and How Many More Times (Led Zeppelin cover) is great.

Yes! :D

fav album: Tales From The Strip rock3

bought that album, and I don't think I ever listened to that again in the whole enteryity after the first few times.

I was thinking about going to see LA. guns, but then Paul Gilbert came to Switzerland and I went to see hiAwesomece concert. Awesome concert.

bought that album, and I don't think I ever listened to that again in the whole enteryity after the first few times.

I was thinking about going to see LA. guns, but then Paul Gilbert came to Switzerland and I went to see hiAwesomece concert. Awesome concert.

Yeah, Tales was somewhat forgettable. Wake Up The Dead is a GREAT CD! Reminds me more of early LA Guns.

Yeah, Tales was somewhat forgettable. Wake Up The Dead is a GREAT CD! Reminds me more of early LA Guns.

Waking' ;)

Anyway, I love tales... :wub:

Waking The Dead is my 2nd fav tough

Waking' ;)

I have 5 of their CDs: Self titled, Cocked & Loaded, Hollywood Vampires, Waking, and Tales.....

Seen them live 5 times; 3 times with the Phil Lewis/Tracii combo, once with Jizzy doing vocals, and once with Ralph Saenz doing Vocals. The guy looked just like Diamond Dave, which made sense since he also leads for Atomic Punks, a Van Halen cover band...

Waking' ;)

I have 5 of their CDs: Self titled, Cocked & Loaded, Hollywood Vampires, Waking, and Tales.....

Seen them live 5 times; 3 times with the Phil Lewis/Tracii combo, once with Jizzy doing vocals, and once with Ralph Saenz doing Vocals. The guy looked just like Diamond Dave, which made sense since he also leads for Atomic Punks, a Van Halen cover band...

you got to see theam with jizzy as a frontman.very cool that is one show id like to have seen.very cool man anyway how was that show?

me n my mate were gonna go...theyre touring aus this month...tix are only 40-something...might go along for shits n giggles...

dont know alot of their songs...but live music is way better than house n dance shit...

what band ?

the one with phil lewis or paul black?

Waking' ;)

you got to see theam with jizzy as a frontman.very cool that is one show id like to have seen.very cool man anyway how was that show?

Yep, I saw them at Billboard Live in Hollywood in 1999 (it's called the Key Club now) with Jizzy doing lead vocals. That was a weird show because I was still expecting Phil to do vocals, but Jizzy did a great job. His voice is definitely rougher and more aggressive than Phil's, so it almost over-powered some of the older songs like Electric Gypsy and One Way Ticket. But his demeanor onstage was very cool. The guy has Frontman written all over him!

The weirdest show was with Ralph as the frontman, because he has the California blond look going and LA Guns is infamous for the pale skin, jet black hair, "Hollywood Vampire" look.... it just didn't fit. But the guy's vocals were perfect for the music. So you have your eyes telling you that the band doesn't look right, but your ears are telling you it's a perfect mix. Of course, 2 weeks later, Ralph went back to Atomic Punks and doing weekly club shows at the Camaro Club....

Correction, I have 6 of their CDs.... I forgot about Black Beauties... it's like their Greatest Hits, but with remixes. I wouldn't recommend it, to be honest. So yeah, I'm a big LA Guns fan! :)

Edited by rocketking

me n my mate were gonna go...theyre touring aus this month...tix are only 40-something...might go along for shits n giggles...

dont know alot of their songs...but live music is way better than house n dance shit...

what band ?

"Featuring original front man Phil Lewis, long time drummer Steve Riley and new additions Stacey Blades on guitar and Scott Griffin on bass."

Edited by mick hudson

what band ?

"Featuring original front man Phil Lewis, long time drummer Steve Riley and new additions Stacey Blades on guitar and Scott Griffin on bass."

oh man i would have went :)