would you guys....

Chris Axl

As musicians and songwriters... damn straight they're better.

Aside from the Sex Pistols influential status, they weren't that great... sure they changed music forever, but as for their music, it wasn't that good. Green Day made and continue to make amazing songs.

spare me...better musicians? who the fuck in Green Day can play better guitar than Steve Jones?!?!?! check the resume, you dont get along playing with fuckers like Bob Dylan, Johnny Thunders, Phil Lynott and Slash because you suck. Jonesy more or less invented that heavy paced multi-overdubbed sound that has saturated music since (just listen to Noel Gallagher, the melodys McCartney but the muscles all Jones).

the music, make no mistake about it, from Chris Thomas production to Johnnys sneering vocals to Glens hooks to Cookies CharlieWattsing, is second to none. what Green Day suffer from is trying to be smarter than they actually are. they dont have decent lyrics to their songs, they're sound is just fuckin lethargic at times, comparing them to the Sex Pistols is something i cant really do whilst keeping a straight face. they've been churning out the same unoriginal bullshit for fucking years now. i used to almost like em, bought a few albums, Kerplunk and Dookie and 3,000and whatever smoothed out slappy hours and the one after dookie with the song armitage shanks and babs ulva whatever but i just came to a point where its like...fuck this!! this shit all sounds the same, end to end, it just became so difficult to digest and its not like the ramones where theres a character, a novelty and a kind of genius to it it was just flat out a lack of good ideas on the part of the band.

As musicians and songwriters... damn straight they're better.

Aside from the Sex Pistols influential status, they weren't that great... sure they changed music forever, but as for their music, it wasn't that good. Green Day made and continue to make amazing songs.

spare me...better musicians? who the fuck in Green Day can play better guitar than Steve Jones?!?!?! check the resume, you dont get along playing with fuckers like Bob Dylan, Johnny Thunders, Phil Lynott and Slash because you suck. Jonesy more or less invented that heavy paced multi-overdubbed sound that has saturated music since (just listen to Noel Gallagher, the melodys McCartney but the muscles all Jones).

the music, make no mistake about it, from Chris Thomas production to Johnnys sneering vocals to Glens hooks to Cookies CharlieWattsing, is second to none. what Green Day suffer from is trying to be smarter than they actually are. they dont have decent lyrics to their songs, they're sound is just fuckin lethargic at times, comparing them to the Sex Pistols is something i cant really do whilst keeping a straight face. they've been churning out the same unoriginal bullshit for fucking years now. i used to almost like em, bought a few albums, Kerplunk and Dookie and 3,000and whatever smoothed out slappy hours and the one after dookie with the song armitage shanks and babs ulva whatever but i just came to a point where its like...fuck this!! this shit all sounds the same, end to end, it just became so difficult to digest and its not like the ramones where theres a character, a novelty and a kind of genius to it it was just flat out a lack of good ideas on the part of the band.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you about Steve Jones. He's a actually a much better guitarist than people give him credit for, Billie Joe's a decent rhythm guitarist but overall nowhere near Steve Jones. About the rest of the band I can't really compare because I don't play any of the instruments...

I can agree that a lot of Green Day songs sounds very alike but I don't really have a problem with that :)

..hate me if I say Green Day are better than The Sex Pistols? :lol:

i'd acctually agree with you lol :lol:

there aint a fuckin band out there...in the world better than the sex pistols, not-a fucking one except for the beatles and the stooges, no band can match their fucking intensity, honesty, earnestness, their sonic attack, their attitude, their impact, their anything. the sex pistols, along with the beatles and the stooges are the fucking last word as far as rock n roll bands go for me.

there aint a fuckin band out there...in the world better than the sex pistols, not-a fucking one except for the beatles and the stooges, no band can match their fucking intensity, honesty, earnestness, their sonic attack, their attitude, their impact, their anything. the sex pistols, along with the beatles and the stooges are the fucking last word as far as rock n roll bands go for me.

I could name right on 100 bands that are better. :lol:

better than the beatles, the pistols and the stooges?? go for it ;) i wanna see this. right on a 100? go for it :)

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

better than the beatles, the pistols and the stooges?? go for it ;) i wanna see this. right on a 100? go for it :)

The first one is Buckethead. :lol:

I could name right on 100 bands that are better.

better than the beatles, the pistols and the stooges?? go for it i wanna see this. right on a 100? go for it

The first one is Buckethead.

im turning into this fucking prize clown that you just wind up and watch him go huh? :lol:

Buckethead limited in comparison to these bands by virtue of the fact that he's an instrumentalist almost exclusively so its unfair on him to compare. suffice to say he dont move people like either of my big three, he aint had the impact, he can play "better" in a technical sense that them but he dont got the rage and/or passion or the energy of either three. this thread is about to get REALLY seriously stupid, i can tell :rofl-lol:

Damn, I wrote a list and then it had some issues, so I'm too lazy.

Just have a look at my last.fm account and check out the top 100. ;)

http://www.lastfm.de/user/Iceman24/

Edited by Iceman24

You rank Limp Bizkit above The Beatles, The Stooges and the Sex Pistols? :huh:

higher as the Stooges and The Sex Pistols definitely. With the Beatles, well maybe.

The first 30 seconds of Search And Destroy is better than the entire Limp Bizkit discography.

Hell, I'd say that even if I liked LB.

Damn, I wrote a list and then it had some issues, so I'm too lazy.

Just have a look at my last.fm account and check out the top 100. ;)

http://www.lastfm.de/user/Iceman24/

im kinda computeraily illiterate and plus that was in some other language but out of those front 49 i'd say only Elvis, Jimi Hendrix Expierience & The Stones measure up to the boys. Kevdo pretty much laid the shit on the table when he said the first 30 second of Search & Destroy piss all over Limp Bizkits entire catalogue. most of that rap metal shit just straight up sucks ass because its utterly predictable.