Converge

bt88

I just bought Jane Doe and its one of the best albums ive ever heard. Im not a musician, nor do I fully understand all the technical aspects of playing music, but I can honestly say this is one of the most complex and nuanced albums Ive ever heard. Its brutal yea, but the drums and the guitar are also playing compositions unlike anything else in modern music. The way they change time signatures is unreal. The drumming on this album is up there with Brann Dailor of Mastodon and Danny Carey from Tool for best modern drumming. The singer's voice and the fact that you cant make out any of the lyrics takes a little getting used to but it blends into the overall soundscape.

My question to other Converge fans out there is this: does anything else in their catalog measure up to Jane Doe? ive heard No Heroes and some of You Fail Me and they were good but it doesnt seem like they or anyone else can touch Jane Doe. I read an interview with the guys from Thrice and they called it the best and most influential hardcore album ever, and I know they arent the only ones who give respect to Converge. Has anyone seen them live? Im dying to, if you have please share some stories of how they were.