Porcupine Tree Live..

Ridin' the Nightrain

Has anybody seen them on this current tour (or any tour if you want)?

I'm going to see them on Saturday and I'm hyped as HELL. Easily one of my all-time favourite bands. Steve Wilson has apparently become quite the exciting frontman and from the rather few shitty clips of recent shows I've seen on Youtube I think that's a fairly accurate statement. I'm going all the way to Manchester to see them since that's the closest show they're doing but I'm sure it will be worth it. Gonna make a weekend out of it with my friend anyway since she and I do love our pub crawls.

Also, on the setlists they've been playing all 17 minutes of the wonderful Anesthetize :D Perfecctt.

This will probably get 0 replies but there you go. :tongue2:

Edited by Ridin' the Nightrain

Has anybody seen them on this current tour (or any tour if you want)?

I'm going to see them on Saturday and I'm hyped as HELL. Easily one of my all-time favourite bands. Steve Wilson has apparently become quite the exciting frontman and from the rather few shitty clips of recent shows I've seen on Youtube I think that's a fairly accurate statement. I'm going all the way to Manchester to see them since that's the closest show they're doing but I'm sure it will be worth it. Gonna make a weekend out of it with my friend anyway since she and I do love our pub crawls.

Also, on the setlists they've been playing all 17 minutes of the wonderful Anesthetize :D Perfecctt.

This will probably get 0 replies but there you go. :tongue2:

Never seen them live.....but I have been a fan since "In Absentia"

They are truly the epitome of "underrated band."

What did you think of "Fear Of A Blank Planet."

It was one hell of a gig. Absolutely blinding. I loved the stage set up - the videos and lights were just awesome. Really gave a trippy feel to a lot of the songs as you'd expect from hearing them live.

Steve is amazing live. I'd heard a few complaints since becoming a PT fan many years ago that he was somewhat underwhelming live. Either he's improved greatly over the years or those people are flat out idiots. I'm going to guess the latter personally. Was lucky enough to push my way up to the second row by the end of the first track so I was jnearly right infront of him. Not only did he sound great (as did the rest of the band, actually, don't think there were many notes that were buried in mix) but he was entertaining as hell to watch. He goes nuts during some of the longer solos I tell ya..

Fear of a Blank Planet

Sound of Musak

Lazarus

Anesthetize

Open Car

Darkmatter

Blackest Eyes

Smart Kid

Way Out of Here

Sleep Together

Trains

Halo

There were 2 or 3 other songs too that I didn't recognise. I dunno if they were way obscure B-sides or old tunes. :question: Very very pleased with that setlist anyway. Nice mix of old and new. Anesthetize was absolutely mental live. Loved it. I just held onto my friend during the heavier bits and jumped for glory, haha. I can't express how much I love that song. I'm glad they played it fairly early so I still had the energy to go mental to it. :tongue2:

It was just over 2 hours long I think. Longer than I expected. Didn't drag in the slightest.

My only complaint would be no Lightbulb Sun tracks. :( Would've loved to hear Shesmovedon or Four Chords That Made a Million.

But yeah it was awesome. It's a shame I can't see them again..

pt11ly3.jpg