Is there anyway to check the face value of Van Halen tickets?

neatd99

Someone just offered me 2 tickets to see Van Halen. $150 each.

Lower level, row 28, seat#s 5 and 6 section 111 at the Bank Atlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Is there any way to know the face value for these tickets? Is this a good deal? I know lower level tickets have a range of something like $75-$145.

Someone just offered me 2 tickets to see Van Halen. $150 each.

Lower level, row 28, seat#s 5 and 6 section 111 at the Bank Atlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.

Is there any way to know the face value for these tickets? Is this a good deal? I know lower level tickets have a range of something like $75-$145.

No, they don't have a range. All the lower levels cost the same, whether you are front row or 10,000th row. And $150 sounds about right. Not that that's a fair price, but it is what you'd pay through Ticketmaster. Actually, cheaper, since you don't have to pay the processing, convenience, and venue fees. Unless the $150 is including those fees, which it may well be doing. Those fees will usually total somewhere around $20 give or take a few bucks. So if you find somewhere that similar seats are advertised for $13, this guy wasn't trying to make a buck off of you, he was just adding the hidden fees which you would have been delighted with later had you gone through Ticketmaster.

Edited by DirtyDeeds

It's $150 flat for each ticket ($300 for both). There are no hidden fees, taxes, or surcharges.....I would be buying it from some guy on my college campus in person (so no shipping, either).

It's "lower level," section 111 in the Bankatlantic center.....I just wonder what face value is for those.

I'm not saying the guy will add hidden fees to it. I'm saying that if he told you that you could have them for $150, he may have paid $130 + $10 convenience fee, $7 venue fee, and $3 venue fee. So if you see similar tickets on Ticketmaster advertised for $130 or thereabouts, know that they cost $150 in actuality.

So yes, the guy is offering them for face value.