Bruce Springsteen - Tracks box set

worldwideboss

Does anyone else own this set? I bought it and I really love the first disc. I like the others, but I haven't dug them too deep, mainly because I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the first one. So many quality tracks from the beginning of his career that weren't released, it's amazing. I mean, most musicians would kill to write songs like Bishop Danced, Thundercrack, Rendezvous, Give The Girl A Kiss, Don't Look Back... And Bruce Springsteen kept them only for occasional live performances. I was perplexed by the quality of the music in here.

I'm a huge Springsteen fan and have seen the Boss three times rock3

Lucky you. I tried to get tickets for Madrid or Barcelona, but I came too late and now they're at €165 each on eBay, which is pretty damn expensive, considering I'd also have to pay for plane tickets and accommodation.

Second time this tour I have no luck getting tickets. Maybe next time...

Edited by worldwideboss

• 1 year later...

I completely agree, disc one is sensational! The audition material sounds great on this set, really enjoy disc 4, recorded around Tunnel of Love through to GOTJ, when he was tryin to re-introduce himself as a songwriter and not the icon he had become through BITUSA. He has said in the past that there is enough material for a Tracks 2 ;)

Oh, and if you haven't heard it, you have to hear The Fever from the 18 tracks disc. Great recording. The Promise was also finally great to have when these discs came out :D