Dropkick Murphys

shades

Guest RonMexico82

Can't say I know much about their music but when I lived in the States everyone assumed that I would like them just because I'm from Ireland when in reality they are practically unknown here apart from die hard music freaks. Same goes for Floggin Molly. The whole Make A Big Deal out of your Irishness thing is considered corny here but I can see where they are coming from when playing to an American market.

The Pogues are considered the real deal though -

Edited by RonMexico82

I lived in the States everyone assumed that I would like them just because I'm from Ireland

Actually they are just a local band from Southie, (south Boston) which is predominantly Irish I guess, but I dont think they're trying to be anything, they just happen to be Irish.

I just like thier in your face music, but Ill go check out Pogues

edit:

I like "Dirty old Town", in a "bunch of drunks sitting around raising thier beer glasses to the sky kind of way",

01-CHEERS.jpg

Dirty Old Town, Dirty Old Town

I could see that catching on here

by the way

Is there any nice way to break it to that dude that he can spend some of his money on some dental work, I mean Im ok with it but DAMMMMNN

Edited by shades

Guest RonMexico82
I lived in the States everyone assumed that I would like them just because I'm from Ireland

Actually they are just a local band from Southie, (south Boston) which is predominantly Irish I guess, but I dont think they're trying to be anything, they just happen to be Irish.

I just like thier in your face music, but Ill go check out Pogues

edit:

I like "Dirty old Town", in a "bunch of drunks sitting around raising thier beer glasses to the sky kind of way",

01-CHEERS.jpg

Dirty Old Town, Dirty Old Town

I could see that catching on here

by the way

Is there any nice way to break it to that dude that he can spend some of his money on some dental work, I mean Im ok with it but DAMMMMNN

You should see him now Shades, the guy is hardcore, like an Irish Keith Richards crossed with Hunter S. Thompson by way of Brendan Behan. Addicted to heroin for years and a major alcoholic and still rockin out at 50. He couldn't give a shit about his teeth, I think he has one or two left. :lol:

You should see him now Shades, the guy is hardcore, like an Irish Keith Richards crossed with Hunter S. Thompson by way of Brendan Behan. Addicted to heroin for years and a major alcoholic and still rockin out at 50. He couldn't give a shit about his teeth, I think he has one or two left. :lol:

Yeah he lost another couple of teeth last year when he fell over a wall whilst vomiting. The front two teeth where lost when he tried to eat a copy of The Beach Boys' Greatest Hits, Vol. 3 LP whilst under the influence of LSD :lol:

On topic - Saw DKM live a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic. By the end of the gig me and my mates were on stage with the band drinking cans of stout :D

you know, as unfortunate a human tragedy it is, some of the greatest music of all time has come out of people like him.

Cant stay out of his own way.... And its almost like its supposed to be.

like they were put here to do that.

Id love to see him live,

I went and listened to some more of thier tunes on youtube. thats good stuff man, Id never heard of them.

Edited by shades