Brand New

kevin

Anyone listen to Brand New? I've been restricted to Deja for awhile and now I'm getting into their older stuff which I love. Soco Amaretto and Lime is amazing

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...mp;hl=brand+new

They are good band.

Their latest effort "God and The Devil..." is a materpiece. It sounds like if an early Weezer made OK Computer.

Be prepared before you listen to it.....it is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Deja or their deut.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Anyone listen to Brand New? I've been restricted to Deja for awhile and now I'm getting into their older stuff which I love. Soco Amaretto and Lime is amazing

They are good band.

Their latest effort "God and The Devil..." is a materpiece. It sounds like if an early Weezer made OK Computer.

Be prepared before you listen to it.....it is NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like Deja or their deut.

Hmm. I really like YFW and Deja, and I'm into bands that sound like that :lol:. As in Taking Back Sunday, AVA, Dashboard -_-. Think I'd like God and The Devil?

They are good band.

Hmm. I really like YFW and Deja, and I'm into bands that sound like that :lol:. As in Taking Back Sunday, AVA, Dashboard -_-. Think I'd like God and The Devil?

Well I like the bands you mentioned and I love "God and The Devil."

I will just warn Devil and God is very blunt. It doesn't hold anything back at all.

Also if you are depressed are already in hole before you listen to it. I would recommend not listening to it or you may found yourself in a deeper hole before you started.

An emotionally raw album.

Major Themes on the album:

-Drunk Driving

-Redemption

-Jesus

-Letting Go of Friends

-Drinking

-Wondering if God Exist

There is no kinda love song on it. It is an album about self-reflection and introspection. By the time you finish listening to it, you will feel like you actually know the lead singer.

Jesse is an amazing singer. I don't know if I should get the album if it's that depressing, I've bene on anti dep's for a few months now. But hell, I'll still probably pick it up

Oh Man!!

I'm sorry.

I didn't mean to paint an overly-dramatic picture of the album.

You should get it. It is awesome. Surpisingly Awesome.

On the album they guys really prove they are musicians.

And you can't say that about alot of bands anymore.

Anyways, the only point I was trying to make about themes in the album, was that it is not one of those albums you will be listening to at parties or when you are in a good mood. More of a personal album, if you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...
Jesse is an amazing singer. I don't know if I should get the album if it's that depressing, I've bene on anti dep's for a few months now. But hell, I'll still probably pick it up

Oh Man!!

I'm sorry.

Anyways, the only point I was trying to make about themes in the album, was that it is not one of those albums you will be listening to at parties or when you are in a good mood. More of a personal album, if you know what I mean.

Fucking amazing album BTW, love it.

Oh Man!!

I'm sorry.

Fucking amazing album BTW, love it.

Glad you enjoying it.

What are your thoughts on it?

Did I do the band justice, by the way I described it?

Peace.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, I've been listening to Deja Entendu all fucking day, and on and off for the last few days. Good stuff. I'm going to pick up "Your Favorite Weapon" either today or tomorrow.

favorite song off Deja is probably "I will play my games beneath the spin light" Overall its a really solid album. Pleasant surprise :)