Axl Rose Penning Autobiography

madison

DATE: June 25, 2008

SOURCE: Rollingstone.com

Axl Rose Penning Autobiography, Sequel to “Estranged”?

6/25/08, 4:14 pm EST

When Rolling Stone spoke with Sebastian Bach about the alleged Chinese Democracy leak, he reported that he’s heard “at least four albums’ worth” of finished Guns n’ Roses tracks, recalling a night in January 2007 when Rose rolled out new songs from midnight to 6 a.m. at New York’s Electric Lady studios. He says Rose told him that a slow, grinding track called “The General” is “the sequel to [use Your Illusion II’s] ‘Estranged,’ that goes to the parable that Del James wrote of the trilogy” (James penned the short story that inspired the “November Rain” video). “He’s like the George Lucas of rock,” Bach marvels. “I know for a fact it’s not him saying, ‘Let’s wait and work on [Chinese Democracy] some more. He has a whole new business team. Irving Azoff is in control, along with Andy Gould. They are trying to figure out the best way to put the music out.”

In addition, Bach implied Rose is working on an autobiography. “I was saying to Axl one day, ‘I’m going to write a book.’ He was like, ‘Cool. How many pages you got?’ I go, ‘I’ve got six pages.’ He starts laughing and goes, ‘Yeah, I started my book a while back. I’m up to 12,000 words at this point,’” Bach says. “He’s very prolific. He’s just not motivated by fame at all. He’s had enough of it. He gets excited by making music, by putting on a concert. Making albums, he loves doing it.”

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...l-to-estranged/

Related forum discussion:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...p;#entry2083258