THE MARS VOLTA

New Rose

I started listening to them about 4 months ago. What a great fucking band. I've listened to At the Drive-In before but just never happened to give TMV a listen before 4 months ago. I've got to say Frances the Mute is my favorite album, closely followed by their debut, which sounds partly like ATDI. The new album is great as well. I like Frances the most, because when you turn the lights down and put it on, your mind takes you to places. Then you understand all that noise and the sounds and everything. You just can't put it on as background music, you have to focus. Amazing really.

So, anyone?

Edited by New Rose

Guest knerken

I have just started to get into them. I bought Frances The Mute not long ago. Took me a while to get into it, but now I can't get enough of it. Any tips on what to buy next? Their debut maybe? What I have heard from their last record did not appeal very much to me..

Guest knerken

I actually downloaded a lot of At The Drive-In songs yesterday to check them out. I liked it a lot, but I had no idea that the Mars Volta-guys played in ATDI before. Cool to know.