The Rolling Stones vs. Beatles

DirtyDeeds

who is better and more important?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

You can trace the stones influence to all hard rock that followed, as for the beatles, well it's not that easy. So the stones were more influential.

Definitely the Beatles for me. They are very influential in my opinion. John Lennon and George Harrison were such excellent song writers. They made some great tunes over the years. All the Beatles songs are great and I always find myself listening to them lately. I love the Rolling Stones as well but I don't find them as great as the Beatles were. Mick Jagger often freaks me out with his dance moves lol but both bands were amazing during their time.

More influential / better band --> Beatles by far.

Personal preference --> Stones, but not by much.

I agree with username although I wouldn't say The Beatles were the better band.

It's strange how The Beatles are seen as the Fathers of Pop Music when today, it's mostly singers and not bands who are topping the Pop charts.

Edited by darkstar_legend

The Stones are the better band just based on the range of music styles they have done and they have had some influence on (of course, when you're around 42 years, you gotta diversify). But when you talk of importance, I think each band is the most imporant band ever. The Beatles are the band that really made rock the worldwide phenomenon it is today. The Stones, on the other hand, are the band many people associate the rock n roll attitude and lifestyle with. Furthermore, they made rock the business that it is today, through their massive tours and overall brilliant promotion of themselves.

I enjoy the Stones' music more, but I think that the Beatles were more versatile and definitely had a bigger impact on rock music, and on an entire generation. I also don't like the selloutiness of the Rolling Stones, though, to be fair, the Beatles as a band never got to get old together, so we don't know what may have been had they stuck together as long as the Stones have.