Nas - Untitled

vince41090

I think it's great, but I'm only half way through it right now. It's definitely better than Hip Hop Is Dead so far.

If you don't mind, do a quick review when you are done.

I might check it out, not sure though....as I didn't like "Hip Hop is Dead" or "Stillmatic."

I'll have a more complete review up soon, but so far the production is similar to HHID, not my favorite Nas sound, but not unbearable.

It's hard to talk about lyrics during the first listen of an album, especially a Nas disc, but they are definitely very politically driven and on par with some of his better discs.

Most of the tracks I've heard so far have all been related to Nas' views of "the black culture", basically taking the route you would expect with original title of the album being "Ni**er".

There are some classic tracks so far (Sly Fox, Hero) , but there are some below average tracks as well.

Halfway through the disc, If...

'Illmatic' = 5/5 stars

and 'Stillmatic' = 4.5/5

and 'Hip Hop Is Dead' = 3/5

Then 'Untitled' = 3.5-4/5

I'll have a more complete review up soon, but so far the production is similar to HHID, not my favorite Nas sound, but not unbearable.

It's hard to talk about lyrics during the first listen of an album, especially a Nas disc, but they are definitely very politically driven and on par with some of his better discs.

Most of the tracks I've heard so far have all been related to Nas' views of "the black culture", basically taking the route you would expect with original title of the album being "Ni**er".

There are some classic tracks so far (Sly Fox, Hero) , but there are some below average tracks as well.

Halfway through the disc, If...

'Illmatic' = 5/5 stars

and 'Stillmatic' = 4.5/5

and 'Hip Hop Is Dead' = 3/5

Then 'Untitled' = 3.5-4/5

Cool.

I guess I am one of the few Hip-Hop fans that actually think, It Was Written, Nastradamas, and I Am are Nas's best.

LOL

Me.

Illmatic: 3 Stars ( I just don't get it)

It Was Written: 5 Stars (His best album, IMO)

I Am: 4 1/2 Stars (Great follow up. The production is a little to "slick" though)

Nastradamus: (4 Stars) (Good, but you start to see a decline here)

Stillmatic: 2 1/2 Stars (very overrated album)

God's Son: 3 Stars (pretentious)

Street Disciple: 2 stars (he shouldn't have even released this....it is nothing more than a shitty mixtape)

Hip Hop is Dead: 2 Stars (VERY OVERRATED!! Nas tries to be KRS-1)

Edited by SunnyDRE

"this lil n*gga named Nas think he live like me, talkin' bout he left the hospital, took 5 like me. you livin' fantasies n*gga, i reject your deposit, we shook Dre's punk ass, now he out of the closet"

*clears throat*

On topic: Illmatic...no love for It Was Written?

Mmm, Fried chicken

Fly vixen

Give me

Heart Disease

But need

You in my kitchen

You a bird, but you ain't a ki

Got wings but you can't fly away from me

Driving in your bucket seats

From Kentucky

To fuck with me

Nothing will ever compare with Fried Chicken - Nas.

It is genius, though I'm assuming its a piss take, if so even more genius.

:lol:

Sadly, I'm having trouble finding it on youtube.

It seems to have been removed for violating terms of use app.

Edited by DopeSickGirl

"this lil n*gga named Nas think he live like me, talkin' bout he left the hospital, took 5 like me. you livin' fantasies n*gga, i reject your deposit, we shook Dre's punk ass, now he out of the closet"

*clears throat*

On topic: Illmatic...no love for It Was Written?

His best, IMO.