Piracy

kevin

piracy.jpg

How do you personally feel about downloading music today? Honestly, I don't care. I'm not one to crave album artwork or whatever, it's the music for me. If I really like the band, I'll go see them and/or buy the actual CD.

Also, a lot of J-Pop artists are hard to find in stores around here, so even if I was intent on buying a certain album by an artist I couldn't find it. If they were there, I'd buy them probably. I guess I could order online, but if I'm online I'm more prone to downloading it than going to amazon and ordering something.

I download a shit ton of anime mostly because it's so expensive. I'll buy box sets of series I really like (Lucky Star, Haruhi, Azumanga) but I can't afford to spend 60$ on 1 dvd for a series I might not like. Sometimes certain anime get hard to find online once they're licensed too. But that's what /r/ and /a/ are for.

TBH this whole thread was just an excuse to post that image in the first post I found, it makes me happy.

piracy.jpg

How do you personally feel about downloading music today? Honestly, I don't care. I'm not one to crave album artwork or whatever, it's the music for me. If I really like the band, I'll go see them and/or buy the actual CD.

Also, a lot of J-Pop artists are hard to find in stores around here, so even if I was intent on buying a certain album by an artist I couldn't find it. If they were there, I'd buy them probably. I guess I could order online, but if I'm online I'm more prone to downloading it than going to amazon and ordering something.

I think if you going to pirate support the industry and buy's a few cd's, DVD's, t shirts, movie tickets, concert tickets

I download a shit ton of anime mostly because it's so expensive. I'll buy box sets of series I really like (Lucky Star, Haruhi, Azumanga) but I can't afford to spend 60$ on 1 dvd for a series I might not like. Sometimes certain anime get hard to find online once they're licensed too. But that's what /r/ and /a/ are for.

TBH this whole thread was just an excuse to post that image in the first post I found, it makes me happy.

Try Love Hina, its a pretty good manga.

Downloading music is the way to go. CDs are inconvenient, pollute the environment and who the hell still uses CD players?

And how much do musicians even earn from records?

Downloading music is the way to go. CDs are inconvenient, pollute the environment and who the hell still uses CD players?

Me.

Lots of people do actually. The sound quality of a CD vs. a crappy mp3 is the big reason. Wouldn't you want to listen to music in the best quality possible? Plus I like getting album artwork and lyrics and all of that.

Downloads are responsible for the death of the music industry and the crappy mixing that plagues a lot of today's albums.

Me.

Lots of people do actually. The sound quality of a CD vs. a crappy mp3 is the big reason. Wouldn't you want to listen to music in the best quality possible? Plus I like getting album artwork and lyrics and all of that.

Downloads are responsible for the death of the music industry and the crappy mixing that plagues a lot of today's albums.

I agree.

its one of (btw im a little drunk as I write this) those things where I see both sides.

as music goes, I buy a lot of CDs. A LOT!!! but i usally download a song or 2 before I buy a album. I went out and got "the darkness" 1st album after I heard 2 or 3 downloads. Im glad I did to, because I listen to that album a lot now.

If I was in a band and just came out, I would love people downloading my music and going on my myspace and hearing my shit, its frees Ads.

but if i was in a band that was around for 20 years, when the internet wasn't around and had a big name, then yes, I can see why they are pissed. they made a career , that when they started free download wasnt allowed. yes they had people bootleging, but lets face it, thats not the same.

I can honestly say I have never downloaded a movie or a tv show.

I dont know why though because I hate paying to watch movies that I usally dont like ,and Tv shows now adays suck mostly.

I went out and got "the darkness" 1st album after I heard 2 or 3 downloads. Im glad I did to, because I listen to that album a lot now.

Fuck yeah, great album.

I support downloading wholeheartedly, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for illegal downloading. Practically all my music apart from 2 or 3 albums has been downloaded and if I had to buy it I probably wouldn't have. I've only just in the past 6/7 months had any money of my own to buy things with so I've never really been able to amass a collection of CD's, saying that though, even if I did I probably wouldn't have bought any regardless.

I'll download TV series as well because my video shops suck hairy ass.

Meh I never got into Love Hina tbh

Me.

You can get quality downloads if you know where to find them

Album art can be printed out if you really wanted it.

I wouldn't say downloading leads to the downfall of music. Look how many bands get discovered over the net?

The business did not get destroyed when vinyl records got phased out, so why would it die due to downloading

I've downloaded a quite many songs, but I've bought ALOT of CD's aswell. I've NEVER downloaded a full album (not that it makes a difference, but yeah). I usually listen to some songs from a new band on YouTube, download a couple and then buys 1 og 2 albums with the band.

I would choose an original CD, with booklet, cover, albumart etc, over some MP3's burned on a CD-R.. ANY day!

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I buy as musch as I can aford, but I don't wanna live without 60% of my music collection just because of a conscience I don't have.

Me.

You can get quality downloads if you know where to find them

Album art can be printed out if you really wanted it.

I wouldn't say downloading leads to the downfall of music. Look how many bands get discovered over the net?

The business did not get destroyed when vinyl records got phased out, so why would it die due to downloading

Yeah, I know there are some (legit) websites out there with high quality downloads that cater to audiophiles. But the ones I've seen don't have a huge selection of albums/songs. There are probably others out there.

When vinyl was phased out people were still buying CDs. The difference now is that (too many) people are not paying for downloads.

But the record companies cannot end downloading - it's a losing battle. I know there was an idea floating around about building in a fee to mp3 players so that when people buy these machines a chunk of money goes to the industry - and once someone pays that fee they are free to download music. I'm not sure where they are on that idea but this is the type of solution they need to implement.

know there was an idea floating around about building in a fee to mp3 players so that when people buy these machines a chunk of money goes to the industry - and once someone pays that fee they are free to download music. I'm not sure where they are on that idea but this is the type of solution they need to implement.

Can you elaborate?

I think the internet gives us the chance to experiment a lot of new bands and music genres. I mean, for example, if you have some spare money and you want to buy a couple of albums, you would probably go for the bands you know and really like cause you don't want to waste money on a band you could not like. On the internet it's a different situation. You can download tons of new music, experiment many genres, and if you really like a band you can go to the store and buy the album. :)