Discussion Of Guns n' Roses

Neanderpaul

So...

This forum alleges to be the GnR Discussion and News section. And multiple threads discussing certain issues related to the band, some painting some members in unflattering light, get deleted by mods. Actual relative debate related to the future of this "band" and the potential reasons why people would be turned off by GnR...appear to be out-of-bounds.

And yet...the most obtuse, teen-magazine-esque, goofy threads pertaining to Axl whistling, or song requests are allowed to flourish.

My question, and we'll see if the mods allow it, is where's the line? Are you moderating with the purpose of not offending a band member? Do you think fi they come here and read potentially negative content that they'll never show up again.

Should that matter?

I'm being honest, and not trolling for trouble. I'd just like to see a stated reason why certain critical posts get deleted. And yet others are allowed to remain. Where's the line? Sure the FAQ is somewhat of a guideline. But, even the mods (were they to be honest) would admit, that there's selective enforcement, and subjective interpretation being employed.

Thanks In Advance,

Edited by Neanderpaul

Even if nobody else dares to...

Signed 100%

Additional question: Isn't the relative freedom of speech what makes/ made this forum so interresting in the first place and drew so many members and maybe also Axl himself and people from his surroundings onto this board? Do they really want to be ass-kissed in the long run?

im a little confused what this topic is trying to prove

I suspect one of his topics was merged or deleted and he's not happy about it.

Personally, I think the far bigger issue is why the Bring Back Adlers and the rest of that think tank are not restricted to the old GNR forums.

BBA has pictures of somebody. Has to.

I think the topics are being moved, not necessarily deleted. Usually to Dust & Bones... because it ends up in the same old debate, how the old line up is the only GnR worth listening to...

The GnR that released CD is the only GnR in existence at this time and it's pointless to keep regurgitating the same old beaten down subject a million times.

CD was just released last month and accepting what is and move on should be a healthier road to travel.

Not saying that every pro-Axl thread is worth reading, as devout of an Axl lover that I am, even I have to laugh at the relevance of some of these threads, but at least it isn't debating the same Axl vs. Slash war over and over again.

Edited by tayes

So...

This forum alleges to be the GnR Discussion and News section. And multiple threads discussing certain issues related to the band, some painting some members in unflattering light, get deleted by mods. Actual relative debate related to the future of this "band" and the potential reasons why people would be turned off by GnR...appear to be out-of-bounds.

And yet...the most obtuse, teen-magazine-esque, goofy threads pertaining to Axl whistling, or song requests are allowed to flourish.

My question, and we'll see if the mods allow it, is where's the line? Are you moderating with the purpose of not offending a band member? Do you think fi they come here and read potentially negative content that they'll never show up again.

Should that matter?

I'm being honest, and not trolling for trouble. I'd just like to see a stated reason why certain critical posts get deleted. And yet others are allowed to remain. Where's the line? Sure the FAQ is somewhat of a guideline. But, even the mods (were they to be honest) would admit, that there's selective enforcement, and subjective interpretation being employed.

Thanks In Advance,

For some reason, certain people want to start their own personal threads to express an opinion about an existing topic that's currently being discussed in another thread. When this happens, we merge the threads. Simple as that.

This applies to topics that are started by both Slash supporters and by Axl supporters. It seems that ever since Axl started posting here, people want to start their own personal threads - I'm guessing so that Axl will see their particular point of view. In some cases, it's cupcakes hoping that if they're controversial and annoying enough, Axl will call them out on the forum. :rolleyes: On the flip side, we get the Axl supporters who think that if they trash Slash on the forum, they'll somehow score points with Axl. *shakes head* Both strategies are pointless and annoying to long-time forum members.

The reason we have threads is for everybody to post their opinions on a particular subject. Your personal opinion on a topic is no more - and no less - important than anybody else's. So, please post in the existing threads!

As for the cupcakes - we don't allow them.

We allow constructive criticism - which generally involves making positive and negative comments. But there's a difference between constructive criticism and pointless bashing in post after post in every thread. If you have no interest in Axl's current lineup and album, then stay out of the main section. This section is for fans who want to talk with other fans about the band and its music, and it's unfair for cupcakes to come in and hijack every thread to spew their hate. We have the GNR Early Days, Reunion and VR sections specifically for people to discuss the original lineup.

If you have further questions or if there's something you don't understand, send me a pm. But starting a topic like this in the main GNR discussion section is another example of how you ignore forum rules. If you don't like the forum rules, you're certainly free to find another forum where you do like the rules.

Maddy, I think you ought to write just one form letter sort of response to these sort of questions, and then just copy and paste that as your response. Look how long your response is, and it's practically the same as all the other responses you had to give to all the others. That must get tiring after a while.

For some reason, certain people want to start their own personal threads to express an opinion about an existing topic that's currently being discussed in another thread. When this happens, we merge the threads. Simple as that.

This applies to topics that are started by both Slash supporters and by Axl supporters. It seems that ever since Axl started posting here, people want to start their own personal threads - I'm guessing so that Axl will see their particular point of view. In some cases, it's cupcakes hoping that if they're controversial and annoying enough, Axl will call them out on the forum. :rolleyes: On the flip side, we get the Axl supporters who think that if they trash Slash on the forum, they'll somehow score points with Axl. *shakes head* Both strategies are pointless and annoying to long-time forum members.

The reason we have threads is for everybody to post their opinions on a particular subject. Your personal opinion on a topic is no more - and no less - important than anybody else's. So, please post in the existing threads!

As for the cupcakes - we don't allow them.

We allow constructive criticism - which generally involves making positive and negative comments. But there's a difference between constructive criticism and pointless bashing in post after post in every thread. If you have no interest in Axl's current lineup and album, then stay out of the main section. This section is for fans who want to talk with other fans about the band and its music, and it's unfair for cupcakes to come in and hijack every thread to spew their hate. We have the GNR Early Days, Reunion and VR sections specifically for people to discuss the original lineup.

If you have further questions or if there's something you don't understand, send me a pm. But starting a topic like this in the main GNR discussion section is another example of how you ignore forum rules. If you don't like the forum rules, you're certainly free to find another forum where you do like the rules.

I appreciate the information. I do have an additional question. Can you please show me the forum rule that this thread violates?

My question related to what "GnR Discussion" is allowed. Would that not be related to the forum? When discussing GnR, a literal guideline as to what's allowed seems to be in order.

What one person sees as a legitimate criticism of Axl, can, and often is interpreted as trolling for trouble. And again, I'm not attempting to start shit, I'm simply wondering what criteria is considered "allowable" criticism vs. "slandering/inflaming" commentary?

And is Axl's presence in this forum dicating moderation policy? If so...it would be nice to know up front. So, that whomever chooses to post, at least realizes they're out of bounds.

Again, thanks to you for at least discussing the question. Lots of mods would've deleted and ignored.

Edited by Neanderpaul

I appreciate the information. I do have an additional question. Can you please show me the forum rule that this thread violates?

My question related to what "GnR Discussion" is allowed...

The main GNR News and discussion section is for threads about GNR News - not for threads complaining about forum rules. This is why your thread was moved to the Support section. Surely we don't need a formal rule asking people to read the title of the forum and post topics that fall under that title. It's just common sense.

.. What one person sees as a legitimate criticism of Axl, can, and often is interpreted as trolling for trouble. And again, I'm not attempting to start shit, I'm simply wondering what criteria is considered "allowable" criticism vs. "slandering/inflaming" commentary? ..

Asked and answered in my last post. Please re-read it carefully.

.. And is Axl's presence in this forum dicating moderation policy? If so...it would be nice to know up front...

We have not changed our mod policies at all, and have no plans to do so - at least as long as I'm here.

Unfortunately, our members have changed their posting styles - by starting their own personal threads everytime an idea pops into their head instead of reading existing threads and posting in the ones where their topic is already being discussed. Thus - the increase in merged threads.

Now - as I asked previously - if you're still confused or have further questions, please send me a pm and I'll be happy to explain further. I think most people already understand the forum rules as indicated by Dirty Deeds' post above. ^^