Million Dollar Reload

KyleMac

Straight from the UK, i just got my copy of Million Dollar Reload's Anthems of a Degeneration. This has got to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long long time. Highlights? The whole damn album is a highlight. It has a very Appetite for Destruction vibe to it, the sound is raw rock and roll. I dont think this lead singer has any intentions on going to VR as he has a great thing going with this band. I would highly suggest that you buy their album off myspace or download it via iTunes. Great stuff!

one of the best albums you've heard in a long time has an afd vibe to it?

have you spent the past decade or so listening to nothing but afd?

+1

I already have AFD. Why would I want something that "has an AFD vibe" or sounds like AFD. Unless it's much better than AFD what's the fucking point?

Hey, that's the kind of music i still primarily like. Over the past few years I've had my music love affairs with r&b, rock, country, pop, reggae, hip hop, but through all of it, i still dig raw riff driven rock and roll.

And all i said is that it has an AFD vibe to it, its not AFD, its just in that similar mold. A new band, not a whole lot of production money, a guitarist with a gift for great riffs, and a powerful vocalist with catchy lyrics.

Edited by KyleMac

Hey, that's the kind of music i still primarily like. Over the past few years I've had my music love affairs with r&b, rock, country, pop, reggae, hip hop, but through all of it, i still dig raw riff driven rock and roll.

And all i said is that it has an AFD vibe to it, its not AFD, its just in that similar mold. A new band, not a whole lot of production money, a guitarist with a gift for great riffs, and a powerful vocalist with catchy lyrics.

oh, i can feel that.

for me, though, i've never wanted to go back to that style of music after branching out to other genres.

Gotta say, I understand the whole 'need to evolve' mentality and broadening your musical horizons, but it almost seems like people are fixated on this for the sake of it. There is nothing wrong with derivative music if it connects with you somehow. Music is either good or it's not, and being derivative is really a separate issue entirely. I listen to lots of derivative music. I also try to find new styles of music. My main goal isn't solely one or the other, but to find music in either mold that stirs something inside.

/post, while listening to In a Darkened Room by Skid Row and enjoying Bach's incredible sounding vocals

Edit: I remember the Million Dollar Reload guy, I recall most of us felt he was pretty good. He sounds a bit like Bon Scott, right? Not my favorite voice unfortunately but I know he was one of the better ones we'd heard. His songs were also pretty decent (the ones on Myspace) even though they didn't grab me enough to make me want to buy the album.

Edited by KBear