Any fans of the Cramps?

Marky

The Cramps' frontman Lux Interior died in Glendale, California today (February 4). The frontman of the highly influential New York punk band was 60.

Interior, whose real name was Erick Lee Purkhiser, passed away at Glendale Memorial Hospital at 4:30 am PST due to a previously existing heart condition.

Interior and his wife Poison Ivy founded The Cramps in the early 1970s. Having emerged from CBGB's New York punk scene, Interior was known for his wild on-stage antics, thrashing about and stripping down, reminiscent of Iggy Pop.

The Cramps have been credited with pioneering a unique sound that pairs rockabilly and surf guitar.

"Lux was a fearless frontman who transformed every stage he stepped on into a place of passion, abandon, and true freedom. He is a rare icon who will be missed dearly," the Cramps' publicist said in an official statement.

The Cramps have remained active throughout the past three decades, with Interior and Poison Ivy anchoring the lineup while other members changed.

http://www.nme.com/news/cramps/42548

I youtube some performances, the guy was wild. Rest In Peace.

Only February and we've had loads of legends go already :(

Edited by markyboy101

I never got extensively into them, but at my old place we used to have rockin' and reelin' on vinyl which was a lot of fun.

Unless there were girls around haha, women don't adhere themselves to "Can Your Pussy Do the Dog" for some prudish reason.

RIP.