Boogie Down Productions(/KRS-One)

Wando

Sublime, a great skapunk/dub/reggae band has a tribute song to KRS-One on their first album 40 Oz. to Freedom so I decided to check this artist out. Thus far I've listened to the two first albums of KRS-Ones first group, Boogie Down Productions, and they're brilliant. Any fans on MyGN'R? What albums would you recommend? I've heard Sound Of Da Police from some of his later soloalbums, damn we had fun singing along to this song with some buddies :D But I've heard his later albums generally have gone to more (rastafaria) preaching than the criticism and description of life in Bronx as in his first albums.

Here's a few of my favorites if you wanna check them out:

Illegal Business

9mm Goes Bang

Poetry

Do i like Boogie Down Productions, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! :):)!!!!!!!!!!!

That group, that fuckin album (Criminal Minded) are/were FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!! The bridge is over, the bridge is over, ya see me come in any dance with a spliff'a sensi/down with the sound called BDP/if you wanta join da crew boy ya mus see me/ya can't sound like shan or the one marley/because shan and marley marl them'a rhymin' like they gay/pickin' up the mic and don't know what to saaayyy..

They basically bought that battle shit into the limelight with all that crap with MC Shan and Marley Marl, shame cuz by KRS's own admission they weren't half as good and wouldn't've even've got a shot until Shan and Marley Marl addressed their shit and well...the rest is history. Fuckin' lethal album though and kind of somethin towards beginning or legitimising that ol' gangsta shit :lol:

Ohmigod though, soundtrack to my fuckin life though, Boogie Down Production, do i fuckin like em, you gotta be fuckin kidding me man, they're fuckin baaadddd!!!!

Edited by dirtylenny