Who do you think the biggest bands/Acts of all time are?

SunnyDRE

1. Led Zeppelin

2. The Rolling Stones

3. AC/DC

4. Rush

5. The Who

6. Pink Floyd

7. Van Halen

8. Nirvana

9. Guns N' Roses

10. The Doors

Not my favourite bands, but my opinion.

My favourite bands would be:

1. AC/DC

2. Led Zeppelin

3. Rush

4. The Who

5. Nirvana

6. Van Halen tied with The Rolling Stones

7. Pink Floyd tied The Jimi Hendrix Experience

8. Guns N' Roses tied withThe Doors

9. Black Sabbath

10 Wolfmother tied with Alice in Chains

Edited by Jumpin' Jack Flash

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

1. The Beatles

2. Michael Jackson

3. Elvis

4. The Rolling Stones

5. ABBA

6. AC/DC

7. Led Zeppelin

8. Queen

9. Pink Floyd

10. Madonna

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

I'd rather say that Guns N' Roses shouldn't be on a list of the biggest bands of all time. Especially when he points out that it's not a list with his favourites. :confused:

All I know is, Nirvana shouldn't be ahead of Guns N Roses (original) on any list.

I'm not saying Nirvana wasn't good, but no way do they deserve to be ahead of GNR.

I think Nirvana had more of cultural impact then GNR ever did.

Don't get me wrong, I think GNR where big...........but not Nirvana big.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Nirvana shouldn't be on any top ten list of the biggest bands/artists of all time.

To me, it is hard to deny the impact Nirvana has had on "music culture" for over close to the last 20 years.........even if you don't like them.

Edited by SunnyDRE

All I know is, Nirvana shouldn't be ahead of Guns N Roses (original) on any list.

I'm not saying Nirvana wasn't good, but no way do they deserve to be ahead of GNR.

Can you please describe what exactly this "cultural impact" was? And how exactly that would make them bigger than Guns N Roses were?

Can you please describe what exactly this "cultural impact" was? And how exactly that would make them bigger than Guns N Roses were?

Cobain made a bunch of 15-year-olds cry when he killed himself. I guess that's what they're trying to pass off as cultural impact these days.

On a side note, has anyone mentioned Elton John in this thread?

Cobain made a bunch of 15-year-olds cry when he killed himself. I guess that's what they're trying to pass off as cultural impact these days.

No, opening the doors for alternative music and thus influencing a lot of the major rock bands today is what they pass of as a cultural impact these days. ;)

No, opening the doors for alternative music and thus influencing a lot of the major rock bands today is what they pass of as a cultural impact these days. ;)

Alternative music was already popular or on its way to being. So strike that. They influenced a really shitty period in popular rock, so strike against them for that too.

Got anything else?

Edited by Johnny Utah

Nirvana pretty much invented the word "Alternative"......good or bad.

If you look up Alternative in the dictionary, you'll see Nirvana.

Guns didn't have that kind of impact.

Alternative music was already popular or on its way to being. So strike that. They influenced a really shitty period in popular rock, so strike against them for that too.

Got anything else?

Not it wasn't.

Alternative = Feeling sorry for your self music, was not popular until Nirvana.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Yeah, of course it had been brewing for a while and gotten more and more popular; I'm not saying it got changed over night. But Nirvana delivered what was needed to get a connection between pop and alternative music. Whether you find the music they influenced "shitty" is irrelevant to the discussion - they still influenced it no matter how much you dislike it.