Bass Rig Help!!!

At the moment, i have:

Epiphone Thunderbird Gothic

Ampeg B-2RE

Ampeg SVT-810E

I'm selling my bass cab because it's too impractical and i don't have a van to transport it!

The problem i have is in the past, before i bought my 8x10 cab, i used to use the normal half size cabinets. The only problem is because of the Gothic Thunderbirds pickups...they kept either blowing the cabinet up or blowing the head! Luckily they were the rehersal studio's equipment and i didn't have to pay for it (I went through 5 cabs and 2 heads!)

So i can't really afford to be buying new cabs and heads every week! But I'm looking to upgrade my bass to a Tokai TB48 so this should solve a few problems...

I'm just wondering what the best rig would be to have to use with the TB48. I don't want to carry on popping cabs if the pick ups are the same as the Gothic model (i think the picks ups are triple wound...THINK!)

I want to keep the Ampeg B-2RE for now because of financial reasons. But i need a new cabinet!

So if anyone has any ideas...shoot!!!

Ye that's the bad boy there, my brother had one (sold it recently). It seems rather 'neck/headstock heavy' though, every time I played it anyways, the body feels really 'plastic' like, so I was having to hold it up whilst playing, just felt awkward thats all :)