New Wave Of Swedish Sleaze

d4mo

So Lately I've been trying to get into some of the new "80's" bands. Crashdiet and Veins of Jenna mostly. As for new 80's bands this is prob as close as we will get. While I thse bands are ok, there is something about them that makes them sound too much like modern radio rock bands, and I can't decide what it is.

I mean they totally look the part, and I think thats pretty badass.

From what I can tell the guitar seems to be mostly there.

I think it may be the vocals that don't do it for me. I'm not sure.

Now I know they can't and maybe even aren't trying to sound 100% 80s, but for sake of discussion what makes it sound different?

So Lately I've been trying to get into some of the new "80's" bands. Crashdiet and Veins of Jenna mostly. As for new 80's bands this is prob as close as we will get. While I thse bands are ok, there is something about them that makes them sound too much like modern radio rock bands, and I can't decide what it is.

I mean they totally look the part, and I think thats pretty badass.

From what I can tell the guitar seems to be mostly there.

I think it may be the vocals that don't do it for me. I'm not sure.

Now I know they can't and maybe even aren't trying to sound 100% 80s, but for sake of discussion what makes it sound different?

Compared to alot of the stuff out there today? thats why its different, and by all stanards,better. thank god for it to.

Crash Dïet is far way better than most of the actual rock/metal bands, even better than the actual G N' R, you just have to listen to the Rest IN Sleaze CD to know that.

Listen to, Gemini Five, Dirty Penny, Jail Bait, and Hardore Superstar, there pretty sweet bands too. Btw Dirt Penny isn't swedish, but its a really great glam band.

I like pretty much all the bands from above :P

I've wondered where you could get Jail Bait music as CD etc? Even the myspace page has shut down after Cruz joined Crash Diet... (Bastards canceled gig here in Finland this friday... Ah well, at least HCSS will play :P)

I kinda know the guys in Jailbait, or rather they're friends of a friend. They haven't released any cd's yet, they did have two songs available for download at their myspace before the singer left the band... They've got a new myspace, I think - not sure. They play round here at times, they're pretty good live.

Geez your list isn't complete without

1. Babylon Bombs - they have just released new CD - fucking brilliant -

- Liberation

- Hometown Hero

these are on youtube but on both their albums - Babylon's Burining and Doin' It Nasty they have stronger tracks in my opinion.

2. Hell N' Diesel - Mindblowing, great music, lame name. Their CD "Passion For Power" just rocks

- Miss Cocaine

- Fallin'

THEIR CD IS A GEM, "Crosses(Kixx)" is great song very AFD style medium tempo rocker.

I actually saw Babylon Bombs live a couple of months ago...Jailbait were opening so my friend dragged me along, Babylon Bombs weren't particularly good live.

Yeah maybe I would like to see them live but haven't had opportunity. But on CD they are very good and I love Hell N' Diesel cool band.

Almost forgot one more Swedish band - Bacjyard Babies - they have been playing for over 20years I think and produced some kick ass songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfSiEsNu2iQ

Backyard Babies are better than every other band in this thread...they're great live too. The only possible exception is Hardcore Superstar.

Yeah Backyard Babies are great , seen them live great show. Hardcore Superstar are good too, but they are more metal/hard rock than sleaze but also kick ass band, but I still love Hell N' Diesel CD good stuff.

French sleaze band ? WoW pretty cool that there is some quality rock music in France cos France is all about gey techno/pop