Channel Zero

droezle

For those who don't know them, Channel Zero is a Belgian metalband who where very succesfull in the '90s. Between 1992 and 1997 they released 5 albums (Channel Zero (1992), Stigmatized... (1993), Unsafe (1995), Black Fuel (1997),Channel Zero Live (1997) wich where mixed and produced by people like Vinnie Paul (Pantera) and Michael Barbierro (G N' R, Metallica). During these years they toured around the world opening for bands such as Biohazard, Pro-pain, Life of Agony, Napalm Death, Bodycount,.... In 1997 they pulled the plug out of the band because of disapointing record sales wich was very strange because almost every show they played as a headliner was sold out. Last year they made the announcement that they are planning to make a comeback with a new guitar player (Mickey Doling) starting with 6 shows ( 22, 23, 24,28,29,31 january) at the AB club in Brussels. These 6 shows (12.000 tickets) where sold out in no time. Last night i had the chance to see them doing a warm up gig at the Biebob club, Vosselaar wich is about 10 minutes from where i live. They kicked some serious ass. They sounded just like in the old days, from the first till the last note. Realy impressing. They also played a new song wich was realy great. I hope that there are some plans to release a new album. Here is a video from last night (wich i didn't filmed) from the song Black fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0HHsy_9fJo&feature=channel