Video during concert?

twsmith

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but during several songs at the Calgary show there appeared to be a video playing on the large monitor at the back of the stage with some woman crying and doing other stuff. I didn't pay that much attention as I was too busy watching Axl and the rest of the band but if they've gone to the trouble of preparing something for the monitor to display on certain songs then why not release that as a video with some concert footage thrown in or something? Just curious. It would seem relatively simple to just slap something together from what they're already using.

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but during several songs at the Calgary show there appeared to be a video playing on the large monitor at the back of the stage with some woman crying and doing other stuff. I didn't pay that much attention as I was too busy watching Axl and the rest of the band but if they've gone to the trouble of preparing something for the monitor to display on certain songs then why not release that as a video with some concert footage thrown in or something? Just curious. It would seem relatively simple to just slap something together from what they're already using.

I was thinking the same thing as well. It was very good footage too. Something about a Chick having troubles with her Drunk Mom so she runs away and becomes a hooker. I think it was played in parts: One during SOD (for sure) and (I think Sorry) 'Sorry'...

Maybe it's a possible video for Prostitute?

i haven't seen it, but on many occasions i've supplied stock footage to bands to play during their shows, it could just be that.

Maybe, but I remember thinking that it looked pretty professional, like a music video. I'm not trying to say that the stock footage you're talking about isn't professional, it just looked like it was telling a specific story about the song like music videos do sometimes. It seemed suitable at the time, but I wish I'd paid more attention to the video and which song they were playing. Too much to take in at once I guess... Amazing show!!! I hope they go to Seattle so I can try to get down and catch it again. :)

i haven't seen it, but on many occasions i've supplied stock footage to bands to play during their shows, it could just be that.

Maybe, but I remember thinking that it looked pretty professional, like a music video. I'm not trying to say that the stock footage you're talking about isn't professional, it just looked like it was telling a specific story about the song like music videos do sometimes. It seemed suitable at the time, but I wish I'd paid more attention to the video and which song they were playing. Too much to take in at once I guess... Amazing show!!! I hope they go to Seattle so I can try to get down and catch it again. :)

I'd love to see it, I hope we get some good footage of it! I really loved the madagascar background videos at the VMA's, pretty cool!