DKFXP

RockNFR

Hey all. So I"m new here but a huge fan of all the bands involved.

I just got into Franky Perez recently and downloaded both of his solo albums on iTunes.

I know there was a password on his official site to download the three tracks that he recorded with Dave Kushner.

Apparently those links are long dead and I'm way behind. Does anyone have these and would anyone be willing to trade/share them?

I've searched everywhere for these mp3s. Any advice?

Apparently there were three released online. I've read reviews of them and they're supposedly pretty chill. I'm loving Party of One, btw Dead Flowers.

Anyway from wikipedia- (someone must have the others)

DKFXP is the name of a musical collaboration between Franky Perez (FXP), of Scars on Broadway, and Dave Kushner (DK), of Velvet Revolver. To date, three songs by the duo have been released for free download via the Franky Perez official website.

On June 20, 2009, Scars on Broadway guitarist and solo artist Franky Perez announced via his official myspace that he was in the studio collaborating with Velvet Revolver guitarist Dave Kushner.[1][2][3] On September 19, announced through his blog on myspace, Franky released the song Party Of One, available to download from his official website along with a code to use to download the song.[4] In October, Franky stated on his twitter account that him and Kushner were jamming with Weezer bassist Scott Shriner and Scars on Broadway bandmate and former System of a Down drummer John Dolmayan.[5] On November 16, another songs, titled The Collapse, was made available to download.[6] On December 1, Franky listed all the songs that had been released for free previously, as well as the codes to download them, including the song Beyond the Wire which was previously only available to US troops serving in the war.[7]

[edit] Songs

1.The Collapse (3:22)

2.Beyond the Wire (3:25)

3.Party of One (3:47)

No problem.

I also have a video from an acoustic performance of "Die in Vegas" somewhere.

If anyone is interested I'll upload it.

Didn't know he has 2 albums released. I have "poor mans son", which is a great album. What's the other one, and how is it?

I still think Franky would be a good choice for VR. I really like the guy.

The other CD is called My 4th of July. Its actually really good.

Its funny to watch him do this great alternative rock and then listen to the gospel countryish music of his solo CDs.

I can email you the 4th of July stuff. I think its on iTunes now. Not sure- let me know.

I can't wait to hear the songs you linked- I heard they're great. I'll download in two hours when I get home.

Is he IN Scars of Broadway? Are they still a band? I think he'd do a decent job at VR frontman. There's that video of him doing Slither right after Scott left.

I still can't imagine that the guy in THAT VR video is the same guy as the skinny kid on the cover of his solo CD.

Funny.

The other CD is called My 4th of July. Its actually really good.

Its funny to watch him do this great alternative rock and then listen to the gospel countryish music of his solo CDs.

I can email you the 4th of July stuff. I think its on iTunes now. Not sure- let me know.

I can't wait to hear the songs you linked- I heard they're great. I'll download in two hours when I get home.

Is he IN Scars of Broadway? Are they still a band? I think he'd do a decent job at VR frontman. There's that video of him doing Slither right after Scott left.

I still can't imagine that the guy in THAT VR video is the same guy as the skinny kid on the cover of his solo CD.

Funny.

Don't know if SOB still exists, but he was in the band. But I think he only played guitars and did some background vocals.

Didn't like that slither video with him so much tbh, but every other video from him are pretty awesome.

And according to his twitter he's gonna record a new solo album

Downloaded The Collapse, Party Of One and Beyond The Wire when he published them online. All 3 are great songs! Haven't listened that much to his solo work actually, but I've put it on my 'To Do' list! Saw him with Slash in Narway last summer, and all I can say is that he is fucking amazing!!!! Wow... He is such a good singer!

If VR ever get on the road again, I hope he will be the vocalist. Hope they haven'd put him away as an alternative even though nothing is happening now. We know he was an alternative, Duff told me they were thinking seriously about him as their new frontman. Just hope they still have him in their thoughts ;)

Don't know if SOB still exists, but he was in the band. But I think he only played guitars and did some background vocals.

Didn't like that slither video with him so much tbh, but every other video from him are pretty awesome.

And according to his twitter he's gonna record a new solo album

No, it doesn't exist anymore. Edited by Scumcat Esq.

Its funny. I was on some Slash blog following the solo album (which will be epic- Myles and Cornell are my heroes!), and they had a video of the last time the "boys of Velvet Revolver performed together" and Franky Perez was the singer.

So I tried to find out who he was and wikipedia's article takes you right to Scars on Broadway which very briefly mentions him. So then I downloaded both CDs off iTunes which are great but more of a Jonny Lang/ John Mayer gospel-countryish vibe than alternative rock.

Actually up until last night, downloading the three DKFXP songs, I hadn't heard Franky rock out. While I love the solo CDs, they don't sound like a guy who would front VR.

Even the picture of him from the first solo- he's like half the size and the burly tattooed bearded guy he is today looks MUCH different.

Def. glad I found him