GnR/Axl featured in Revolver Mag. March/April issue

hodge4443

Did a search and couldn't find this posted already.

Axl is featured in the March/April 2010 issue of Revolver. GnR even mentioned on the cover. I'm not sure how to insert scanned images in here so sorry.

The cover says: "Plus! Tattoos in Hard Rock featuring: Kat Von D, Slayer, Henry Rollins, Ozzy, Paul Booth, Mastodon, Motley Crue, GN'R, and many more!!!"

There is a pretty big picture of Axl and an inset of his forearm tat on page 53 next to a pic of Tommy Lee.

The article says : "Australian blues-rockers Rose Tattoo came barreling up from down under in 1980, all five members displaying increasingly daring sleevework on every album cover - inspiring bands like prick-and-snarl classicists Guns N Roses, who eventually covered the Rose Tattoo track "Nice Boys" and got their own sleazy ink. Axl of Guns N' Roses got a cross adorned with skull caricatures of himself and his bandmates, inked on his forearm by Sunset Strip Tattoo owner Robert Benedetti. When the people at Geffen Records saw it, they ended up using it for the rejiggered album cover of the group's now-classic debut, Appetite for Destruction. When the Sweet Child o' Mine video hit MTV in 1988, complete with close-ups of Rose's ink and the swaying frontman clad in his Sunset Strip Tattoo T-shirt, the shop experienced a second wave of business."

This is a really good article. here is a link to a pick of the cover with Kerry King. GnR mention on the left side of cover.My link

I actually have the issue with The Devil Wears Prada on the cover. I like the Kerry King cover a lot better.

Pretty cool to actually see GnR mentioned on the cover of a recent magazine......even if it is just for a story about tattoos.

I got that Revolver. it had a nice article remembering The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold and a very cool poster of him too.

Yeah, it shows a young Axl with his tattoos. Of course, it mentioned the story about Axl's cross tattoo and how the record company looked at it and loved it so much they made it the album cover. I actually the story was the other way around, but hey it's even cooler knowing Axl thought up the tattoo first. Unfortunately, we all know that Axl has blackened out the faces except for his, which I think was a huge mistake. That tattoo was amazing and since it was of a good time in his life, he should have kept it. I guess he was in an angry stage when he had it done, but I bet he regrets it sometimes.

I got that Revolver. it had a nice article remembering The Rev from Avenged Sevenfold and a very cool poster of him too.

Yeah, it shows a young Axl with his tattoos. Of course, it mentioned the story about Axl's cross tattoo and how the record company looked at it and loved it so much they made it the album cover. I actually the story was the other way around, but hey it's even cooler knowing Axl thought up the tattoo first. Unfortunately, we all know that Axl has blackened out the faces except for his, which I think was a huge mistake. That tattoo was amazing and since it was of a good time in his life, he should have kept it. I guess he was in an angry stage when he had it done, but I bet he regrets it sometimes.

He didn't black them out. It's clear that he didn't from multiple pics. The pic from Baz's booklet in particular comes to mind.

Edited by LetMeHearItNow...

He didn't black them out. It's clear that he didn't from multiple pics. The pic from Baz's booklet in particular comes to mind.

yeah I wasn't sure about that either. It just didn't sound right to me. I had never noticed it before,