New MGMT song

Snake Eyes

It's OK.

Saw them at V last year when Oasis cancelled, and they were stunning. But they played a good 3 or 4 new songs, and I wasn't that interested of impressed. They're like the Arctic Monkeys in that they gave it all 'We want to shake off the casual fans and make proper music for the hardcore fans'. So let me get this straight: They wanna stick two fingers up to ALL the people that poured into the tents at V, and Reading, and Leeds etc...ALL the people who bought Kids, Electric Feel and Time To Pretend. Jeez, what a shitty way to live life, besides the singles, their first album is about average, and they'd really have struggles to have a following on those tracks alone.

I wish bands would come out with a bit of fucking confidence in their music and make something that could be HUGE, and have the stones to back it up.

It's OK.

Saw them at V last year when Oasis cancelled, and they were stunning. But they played a good 3 or 4 new songs, and I wasn't that interested of impressed. They're like the Arctic Monkeys in that they gave it all 'We want to shake off the casual fans and make proper music for the hardcore fans'. So let me get this straight: They wanna stick two fingers up to ALL the people that poured into the tents at V, and Reading, and Leeds etc...ALL the people who bought Kids, Electric Feel and Time To Pretend. Jeez, what a shitty way to live life, besides the singles, their first album is about average, and they'd really have struggles to have a following on those tracks alone.

I wish bands would come out with a bit of fucking confidence in their music and make something that could be HUGE, and have the stones to back it up.

so you're criticizing them for doing something different? Not every band can be as bland and uncreative as Oasis.

I like the new song

No, I'm criticizing them for trying to get rid of the majority of the fanbase, and talking about their music in a really uninspiring way, one which does not immediately grab and make me want to hear it. Bands should really big themselves up, after all, if they don't like their music, how can anyone else like it?

And thanks for your valuable input re. Oasis, it's much appreciated.

I like it, but it's far away from being as good as anything on OS. Congratulations, the song, (leaked some days ago) on the other hand is much better than Flash Delirium.

Edited by misch

No, I'm criticizing them for trying to get rid of the majority of the fanbase, and talking about their music in a really uninspiring way, one which does not immediately grab and make me want to hear it. Bands should really big themselves up, after all, if they don't like their music, how can anyone else like it?

And thanks for your valuable input re. Oasis, it's much appreciated.

Most bands who think too much of themselves do this. It's nothing new.