The Stone Roses/Ian Brown

Snake Eyes

i know theres quite a few roses fans about here, but what about ian brown? None of them could ever top the debut even though the second coming was a great follow up - but I think browno is one of the best solo artists to come out of a band and re-invent himself yet still keep the qualities that make him.... him. I caught him on tour last december and though his voice isn't what it used to be he's still a top act.

I've always been afraid of getting into solo Ian Brown for some reason. I saw him at Reading a year or two ago and it was bloody awful so I imagine that put me off.

His vocals live are shit nowadays, but his stuff is still pretty worth getting into, different to the Roses but still great in my opinion. Try his last album, My Way. :)

I love The Stone Roses' debut and Second Coming was good too, but I haven't checked out any of Ian Brown's solo records. What would be the best place to start? and how do they sound, style-wise?

I normally dont go for greatest hits but try his best of for starters.. he has some great singles. Love Like A Fountain, Dolphins Were Monkeys, Keep What Ya Got etc.