Manic Street Preachers - Postcards From A Young Man

Shuffle

Manic Street Preachers announce new album and UK tour

postcard_june2010.jpg

The Manic Street Preachers have announced the release of their 10th album, entitled Postcards From A Young Man. It will be the follow-up to last year’s acclaimed Journal For Plague Lovers, which featured lyrics entirely written by the band’s former guitarist and lyricist Richey James Edwards who disappeared in February 1995, and it finished at number 25 on our end-of-the-year list: http://onethirtybpm.com/2009/12/21/the-top-50-albums-of-2009/3/). Postcards From A Young Man will be released in September (a September 20 release date was first announced but it has since been removed) and they have also announced their most extensive UK tour yet in support of the album, with British Sea Power opening (dates below). The band posted the the message above on their website (http://www.manicstreetpreachers.com/).

UK tour dates:

09.29 – Glasgow – Academy

09.30 – Aberdeen – Music Hall

10.02 – Edinburgh – Corn Exchange

10.03 – Carlisle – Sands Centre

10.05 – Hull – City Hall

10.06 – Sheffield – Academy

10.08 – Liverpool – University

10.09 – Blackburn – Kings Georges Hall

10.11 – Leeds – Academy

10.12 – Derby – Assembly Rooms

10.14 – Manchester – Apollo

10.16 – Lincoln – Engine Shed

10.17 – Norwich – UEA

10.19 – Southampton – Guildhall

10.20 – Southend – Cliffs Pavillion

10.22 – Bournemouth – Academy

10.23 – Newport – Centre

10.25 – Bristol – Colston Hall

10.26 – Birmingham – Academy

10.28 – London – Brixton Academy

10.29 – London – Brixton Academy

10.31 – Leicester – De Montford Hall

01.11 – Cambridge – Corn Exchange

http://onethirtybpm.com/2010/06/01/manic-street-preachers-announce-new-album-and-uk-tour/

Can't wait!

£30ish tickets, bit steep but I'll probably go for it since I haven't seen them before. Charlatans tour also announced today, so that's another bit of money gone. Seen charlatans three times and wouldn't miss a show, awesome performances.

yeah, Duff plays bass on one song I think... don't think he's doing any vocals so I'm not sure what kind of impact he'd have. But then, the Manics were always huge GN'R fans so they were probably just happy to have him in the studio with them.

Am I the only one who find Manic Street Preachers overwhelmingly boring?

Yes. Be quiet. Richey is the prettiest man ever and that alone makes them interesting even today.

This 'one last shot at mass communication' thing concerns me a bit for this album. I guess it means it will be an album of Your Love Alone etc.... rather than something nutty. But Tim Roth is on the cover so that is a good start.

Edited by JAC185

Am I the only one who find Manic Street Preachers overwhelmingly boring?

Probably not, but that's not my fault ;) I assume that you've listened to The Holy Bible, and not just the radio-friendly stuff? Knowing you I guess you have...