If Guns N' Roses were to release a new album

Encore

Do you think it would be a hit?

i'm not saying like if the songs are good, but do you think it will go number one?

would the media care enough?

By current standards Chinese Democracy was a hit. So yes.

What I mean is: Maiden's Final Frontier was considered huge for a metal album. STP debuted at like 60,000 copies sold or something.

The current world-wide #1 is Maroon 5 - Hands All Over A&M / Octone - 212.000 as of Sept 30th. That includes US sales, and that's a debut.

Look back to GN'R coming out with 225,000. And that's in the US alone.

Some albums still sell, Eminem did 2 million thus far world wide (126,000 worldwide this week), but really - one hit. One decent hit, and some promo, and GN'R could have a #1 album again.

Will they sell 10 million? Probably not, but those days are gone.

Do you think it would be a hit?

i'm not saying like if the songs are good, but do you think it will go number one?

would the media care enough?

By current standards Chinese Democracy was a hit. So yes.

What I mean is: Maiden's Final Frontier was considered huge for a metal album. STP debuted at like 60,000 copies sold or something.

The current world-wide #1 is Maroon 5 - Hands All Over A&M / Octone - 212.000 as of Sept 30th. That includes US sales, and that's a debut.

Look back to GN'R coming out with 225,000. And that's in the US alone.

Some albums still sell, Eminem did 2 million thus far world wide (126,000 worldwide this week), but really - one hit. One decent hit, and some promo, and GN'R could have a #1 album again.

Will they sell 10 million? Probably not, but those days are gone.

I think the original author means will the next album be popularly received like on the radio and other media. Chinese Democracy did all of what you said on almost zero radio airplay and no promotion, which is actually kinda cool. However, many of us that remember the old days still want to hear some of the new songs get accepted by larger public.

it will be a hit, as it was with Chinese Democracy - or do you think that 3 to 5 million units sold are what? or do you think that having 3 million fans on Facebook is what? or having 3.5 millions attendance since 2001 until the spring of 2010 is what? or having 1 million attendance in this tour 2009/2010 by now, is what?

All it needs is to be release! the songs will be great as are the ones we already listen to, take CD + Oh My God and Silkworms!

As it did happened with CD, it doesn't need any kind of promotion, I mean even less than they've done for CD!

yes, we as fans would love to have videos and interviews and all that shit all the big bands do! but I for one, am satisfied with it being released, to hear new songs that would rock my world, to see that people would buy it because they liked it - by the way - some of you here say that you bought it and you didn't like it! how come you bought it? I have listen to CD songs since 2002, and even more since 2006 so I knew what I was buying? why didn't you? and, it was on MySpace when released and you could have listen to it entirely, so? who come, that you, people who use frequently the internet were so oblivious for what was in the store for you? anyway, now you know, as you've been burned once, and, for the next album, will take more precaution in buying it! right?!

I thing that it could come out in between the 23.10.10 and 1.12.10 as there are no concerts!

or, even Better, they could release in this time, let's say 3 to 4 videos for CD songs. in my opinion even if they were just live performance videos they would still be the best out there, and they would drawn the popular attention to them and to GNR and to CD, in such a way that it would blow them all away !

by the way!

the 7.11.2010 are the EMA awards in Madrid! it would be great to see GNR performed as we know that in Europe GNR are big and have at least 1 million fans - the numbers is from the CD European platinum certification -

so...

Edited by roua gri

It has a pretty positive score on Metacritic though

64% ain't positive

http://www.metacritic.com/music/chinese-democracy

I think it is pretty positive. The number is even on a green background, lol. Compare it to this, it has a yellow backdrop which would indicate a lesser score: http://www.metacritic.com/music/slash

Also the user score for CD is 8.3 and that is clearly positive.