TWAT + Prostitute = connection?

sascha

Something I noticed, in the ending of Prostitute, what is like the final chord of the album (consisting of three chords) - is that the same chord progression as in the second half of TWAT, just one step lower? Like where he sings "I would do anything for you", that comes back in the ending of Prostitute just one step deeper, so the final chord/s is basically saying "I would do....anything....for you" without words, just the music being a recital, giving both songs yet one more layer and a connection? Coincidence? Also, both songs use a cuss word for a title but their lyrics express heartfelt emotion. Who is he talking to? A lover? A friend? Music? The audience? Himself? One song appears to be addressing someone else (TWAT) and the other (Prostitute) is more reflective and appears to be more about himself, saying he is no better but trying to find a way out in awareness of the price to remain himself? Notice how prostitute is used only once and as a verb (!) in the lyrics, like "to prostitute". Looks like there's some deep shit going on in these songs.

Don't know, but the ending to Prostitute is basically only Moby's Dead Sun ;) Moby was the producer from CD at the time he released this track, so maybe Axl just liked it and asked him if he could use it?

"God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters" comes to mind, from the movie HEAT, and somehow the ending of Prostitute strikes a similar chord inside of me as the ending of that film.