A Mugshot of Axl Rose at Eighteen

Encore

Hard to believe that that kid became a one of the biggest rock stars in the world, isn't it?

It in his rants man...its the reason why so many people grooved with GNR in the first place...you had a bunch of highschool dropouts with zero expectations placed on them except maybe to end up in prison...but they did what their dreams told them to do and collectively rocked the world...joined the legendary bands and played the stage with a lot of their heros...

For the most part thats the respect I have to give Axl...either crash and burn and hang out in Zeroville..smoking dope and bitching about how life was such a kick in the crotch and every brokedick asshole keeping you down...or find a way to make it work for you.

I don't think they were all dropouts, but a 16 year old playing in LA could be raking in a nice chunk of change in one night. Fast money, staying up all night and girls giving you the time of day, and getting treated like a POS in school by teachers and thugs who have nothing better to do make that choice of finishing or going pretty easy. Some of them do the GED thing at nights, some people just did it to get the f--k out of Dodge. I'd love to know Fairfax High's dropout rate in the early-mid 80s.

Nice find.

Seems as if Axl has been in and out of jail his whole life.

I read somewhere he's been arrested around 20 times. He had to leave Indiana because there was a threat of him being prosecuted as a habitual offender which would've landed him in jail for life.

There are a couple of mugshots we're missing. We're missing the mugshot for when he was arrested in 1990 for hitting his neighbor on the head with the bottle, as well as the mugshot from 1988 or so when he got in the fight with the security guard.

Edited by MetalForever

Nice find.

Seems as if Axl has been in and out of jail his whole life.

I read somewhere he's been arrested around 20 times. He had to leave Indiana because there was a threat of him being prosecuted as a habitual offender which would've landed him in jail for life.

There are a couple of mugshots we're missing. We're missing the mugshot for when he was arrested in 1990 for hitting his neighbor on the head with the bottle, as well as the mugshot from 1988 or so when he got in the fight with the security guard.

Who cares about a 1990 mugshot? We got plenty of pics of Axl from around that time!

Guest Sleeping Like An Angel

Great find :lol:

Never realised how juicy his lips were :xmasschef:

Funny how those shirts came back into fashion regularly. Probably has a kilt on too but we can't see

I feel like that Dana article was about to get to some real insights on Axl but then doesn't and abruptly ends. Axl's such a mystery in alot of ways and he never does interviews so it's hard to know where is head is really nowadays. I really wanna know more about him. I haven't read any biographiess on Axl as I've heard they're not very accurate or that the person writing it has a chip on their shoulder etc... Anyone recommend any good biogs on Axl? Thanks.

Where's the Dana interview??

It's on page 4 and 5 http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/200609/final-comeback-axl-rose?currentPage=1

One of the best articles about Axl I've ever read. And the interview is really funny and depressing at the same time.

Thank you very much for the link. It was a good and honest read.Too bad, that he didn't get to meet Axl.

Wonder what Dana meant with the note?

Where's the Dana interview??

It's on page 4 and 5 http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/200609/final-comeback-axl-rose?currentPage=1

One of the best articles about Axl I've ever read. And the interview is really funny and depressing at the same time.

Thank you very much for the link. It was a good and honest read.Too bad, that he didn't get to meet Axl.

Wonder what Dana meant with the note?

The note, which contained a line from "Estranged" was apparantly written years earlier, and later used in the song, this isn't unusual for lyricists to catch a verse write it down, and later use it in a song.