The tour is over!

Butters

How do you call someone a G N' R fan when they weren't born yet when the band had their biggest momentum?

I've read some real stupid shit on this forum throughout the years, but this just about takes the cake. Who the fuck are you to decide who is a gnr fan and who isn't based upon when the gnr fans were born?

You've totally missed my point. What i was trying to say is this. People complain about how this new incarnation isn't G N' R while some of these people weren't born yet when the band had their biggest succes. They started to know the old band from what they readed or heared on the net, radiostations etc. years after they broke up. Here is my question to those people. Why do you want to see the old band back together? Don't fool yourself, it would never be the same. The magic of the old band is gone and even a million dollars can't get it back. We just have to accept what has happened in the past and move on.

The magic may be gone, but just seeing them playing together would be much better than seeing the band touring under the GNR name now. A simple reunion tour of all their classics would be a much better show. I can see why so many of you dont want to see this (dont get why you people get so offended though) since it would mean no new material for a long while (as though its gonna happen soon anyways), but if after more than a decade all Axl can come up with is an album made up of mostly filler and still pisses people off everywhere he goes then I think its about time he just stops with this solo project and goes back to what worked for him.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you call someone a G N' R fan when they weren't born yet when the band had their biggest momentum?

I've read some real stupid shit on this forum throughout the years, but this just about takes the cake. Who the fuck are you to decide who is a gnr fan and who isn't based upon when the gnr fans were born?

You've totally missed my point. What i was trying to say is this. People complain about how this new incarnation isn't G N' R while some of these people weren't born yet when the band had their biggest succes. They started to know the old band from what they readed or heared on the net, radiostations etc. years after they broke up. Here is my question to those people. Why do you want to see the old band back together? Don't fool yourself, it would never be the same. The magic of the old band is gone and even a million dollars can't get it back. We just have to accept what has happened in the past and move on.

The magic may be gone, but just seeing them playing together would be much better than seeing the band touring under the GNR name now. A simple reunion tour of all their classics would be a much better show. I can see why so many of you dont want to see this (dont get why you people get so offended though) since it would mean no new material for a long while (as though its gonna happen soon anyways), but if after more than a decade all Axl can come up with is an album made up of mostly filler and still pisses people off everywhere he goes then I think its about time he just stops with this solo project and goes back to what worked for him.

Axl and Slash could drink eachothers blood. Imagine what that would give when they share the same stage. It must be a hell of a show.

I agree with you 100% man. It is actually true that seeing something when it was popular is a completely different experience that can't be replicated, can't even be described. Not that you can't be a fan even if you weren't around but it is still a different perspective. I can remember when special effects were special; when people watched videos on MTV; when there was no Internet; and when Guns N' Roses were popular. The band should really drop the Guns N' Roses name of the past and move on as a solo act. I don't think a reunion would ever produce anything like before.

I can only say 1 thing about dropping the name Guns N' Roses. It's all in Axl's hands. But what's next IF he decides to change the name of the band? Drop every old Guns N' Roses song because he isn't allowed to play songs from a band that made him 1 of the biggest rockstars ever?

Wow, what happened to that thread? How can we go from "Del said the tour is over", to an argument about Axl and Slash?

I'm locking this since there's no point anymore to this thread. Geez guys, some of you need to take this whole thing less seriously!

*LOCKED*