The Return Of The NFL Jersey?

American Psycho

Image is important in music.

That's unfortunate if it is true. The image, the name of the band, the members of the band......all of that should mean didely squat. The music is all that should matter. The song - nothing else.

Believe it or not, image is one of the biggest things in music.

Disagree to a point, that is one of the misconceptions that has made the current music scene have a huge suckage factor, you

can have a killer personal image consultant, but if the music isn't there, then none of that really matters, remember Milli Vanilli? The Music is what reaches out and touches people,Image is secondary.

when you really think about it, the (the oakland raiders, jerry rice #80 jersey), pretty much the main jersey that Axl wore when he burst back on the scene at the VMA's and all, actually makes sense.

I dont know if he was going for this message, but Jerry Rice when he was aquired by the Raiders, was pretty much written off as being done, too old, washed up, and should of given up on football. Next thing you know, Rice does great for them and propels them to a superbowl. I always figured that maybe Axl found some kind of similarity with Jerry Rice's situation and to his, and wanted to show this. Maybe I am going to deep into it, but it could make sense. :shrugs:

Out of all the jerseys he wore, the raiders jersey was def the most badass, thats the only one that should ever see the light of day again.

• 1 month later...

"Slash either should not have been in Guns to begin with or should have left after 'Lies.' In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed, avoided -- and the less anyone heard of him or his supporters, the better"

"What’s clear is that one of the two of us will die before a reunion and however sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is"

"The 'Better' music video will be out in a week or so. Monumental promotion will start very soon!"

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl has always been pretty “aware” fashion wise. He went for the football/hockey jersey look/braids/slacks look to be in synch. with the then “whacky” Guns N' Rose image. With the relatively “normal” look now, Axl has no reason to abnormalize his own image (and so instead opts for a more fashionable look, still eccentric, but fashionable nonetheless).

when you really think about it, the (the oakland raiders, jerry rice #80 jersey), pretty much the main jersey that Axl wore when he burst back on the scene at the VMA's and all, actually makes sense.

I dont know if he was going for this message, but Jerry Rice when he was aquired by the Raiders, was pretty much written off as being done, too old, washed up, and should of given up on football. Next thing you know, Rice does great for them and propels them to a superbowl. I always figured that maybe Axl found some kind of similarity with Jerry Rice's situation and to his, and wanted to show this. Maybe I am going to deep into it, but it could make sense. :shrugs:

Out of all the jerseys he wore, the raiders jersey was def the most badass, thats the only one that should ever see the light of day again.

THIS.

Always made a lot of sense to me.

THIS.

yea I really thought this was the reason he wore that specific jersey, so I kind of looked past the whole idea of being cuz it was a hip hop thing. If I remember correctly didn't he wear both the white and black raiders jerry rice #80 uni at all the shows/festivals before they hit the US in 2002.

THIS.

yea I really thought this was the reason he wore that specific jersey, so I kind of looked past the whole idea of being cuz it was a hip hop thing. If I remember correctly didn't he wear both the white and black raiders jerry rice #80 uni at all the shows/festivals before they hit the US in 2002.

Axl's all about symbolism and metaphor. I had never pondered why he chose that jersey, but damn it makes sense.

THIS.

Axl's all about symbolism and metaphor. I had never pondered why he chose that jersey, but damn it makes sense.

Jerry-Rice.jpg

axl_rose_2002.jpg

two men, who were beaten and worn down, ready for round 2 :)

THIS.

I do get that, BUT he also LOVES the Raiders. I remember at the Oakland 2006 show he said something to the effect of Oakland is home to my beloved Raiders.... Also, the Raiders were playing in LA in the 80's and early/mid 90's.....

THIS.

I do get that, BUT he also LOVES the Raiders. I remember at the Oakland 2006 show he said something to the effect of Oakland is home to my beloved Raiders.... Also, the Raiders were playing in LA in the 80's and early/mid 90's.....

axlrose2970ow.jpg

Edited by Indigo Child

THIS.

Yea that could be it, I never heard that before, it would make sense then, cuz LA had a real love affection for the Raiders, it really hurt the city when they moved.

But then again we could also say, why did he pick Jerry Rice, he had Tim Brown and Rich Gannon to choose from lol :) . Either way the raiders jersey is one of the most badass and classic uni. He chose well. rock3

Will we ever see the return of the football jersey?

1_21_rose_axl_2002.jpg

Step away from the crack pipe and check into rehab...that look along with mix master mike and cky jelly or whatever their mistake was.....was proof that Axl was still snorting the ajax. Only took him 4 years to realize that GNR was not Barnum and Baileys Circus...or maybe it was....Bill Baileys Circus....now that I think about it.