20 years ago - The start of the UYI tour

droezle

05.24.91 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

set: Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Welcome To The Jungle, You Ain't The First, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City

attendance: 40,000

audio/video recording?: audio

notes: Opening night of the UYI tour!!! At the start of 'Right Next Door To Hell,' Matt begins to play 'Mr. Brownstone' by accident! After 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl says, "This is a pretty bitchin' place for me to open the tour, being that uh, I'm a hick-ass motherfucker midwesterner myself so... this is a song that uh, we wrote long before we wrote Mr. Brownstone. It's kind of the same, it's something called Bad Obsession." Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl explains how he injured his foot and how his doctors helped him out. Axl yells a big "Goddamn" during 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door." Also during the song he tells the crowd that they are louder than the crowds of 140,000 they had at Rock In Rio II!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was the show almost every G N' R fan was waiting for. Start of a new tour with a new album coming up several months later. Wich new songs would they play and how would these songs sound was one of the many questions that came up to me. I remembering watching MTV News almost every day to got updated about what was happening in the world of G N' R. Realy great times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lad0JaVvtk

Edited by droezle

05.24.91 - Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI

set: Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, Civil War, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Pretty Tied Up, I Was Only Joking [intro] / Patience, Only Women Bleed [intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Live And Let Die, Estranged, Welcome To The Jungle, You Ain't The First, Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City

attendance: 40,000

audio/video recording?: audio

notes: Opening night of the UYI tour!!! At the start of 'Right Next Door To Hell,' Matt begins to play 'Mr. Brownstone' by accident! After 'Mr. Brownstone,' Axl says, "This is a pretty bitchin' place for me to open the tour, being that uh, I'm a hick-ass motherfucker midwesterner myself so... this is a song that uh, we wrote long before we wrote Mr. Brownstone. It's kind of the same, it's something called Bad Obsession." Before 'Double Talkin' Jive,' Axl explains how he injured his foot and how his doctors helped him out. Axl yells a big "Goddamn" during 'Knockin' On Heaven's Door." Also during the song he tells the crowd that they are louder than the crowds of 140,000 they had at Rock In Rio II!

--------------------------------------------------------------

This was the show almost every G N' R fan was waiting for. Start of a new tour with a new album coming up several months later. Wich new songs would they play and how would these songs sound was one of the many questions that came up to me. I remembering watching MTV News almost every day to got updated about what was happening in the world of G N' R. Realy great times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Lad0JaVvtk

"No I came here to see Willie Nelson"

:rofl-lol: