Just got a GN'R jacket!

Just bought a GN'R leather jacket, but don't know too much about it. I know it is a Bravado Vintage Leather Jacket made by Wilson, but I'm still confused as to when it was made.

Now I know in 2005 Wilson made a GN'R leather jacket as part of their 'rock' promotion. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page, and it has the jacket.

http://www.ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Guides/AppetiteLogo.htm

(I posted that link for reference to anybody who might've thought this jacket was the one from that promotion)

Now here are pictures of essentially the same jacket I just bought.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/new-guns-n-roses-leather-jacket-m-by-wilson

Notice in the pictures you see the $400.00 retail price tag. (Although with recent things I've read about how low the prices go on these jackets, I doubt that $400.00 price tag has ever really been appreciated, in an auction or anywhere)

Here are pictures of the jacket I just won, via the auction.

Capture-1.jpg

Capture1-1.jpg

Capture3.jpg

Capture4.jpg

Capture5.jpg

Now for the price I paid...a whopping $43

Just thought I'd share my story. :)

Just bought a GN'R leather jacket, but don't know too much about it. I know it is a Bravado Vintage Leather Jacket made by Wilson, but I'm still confused as to when it was made.

Now I know in 2005 Wilson made a GN'R leather jacket as part of their 'rock' promotion. Scroll down to the very bottom of this page, and it has the jacket.

http://www.ladydairhean.0catch.com/Axl/Guides/AppetiteLogo.htm

(I posted that link for reference to anybody who might've thought this jacket was the one from that promotion)

Now here are pictures of essentially the same jacket I just bought.

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/new-guns-n-roses-leather-jacket-m-by-wilson

Notice in the pictures you see the $400.00 retail price tag. (Although with recent things I've read about how low the prices go on these jackets, I doubt that $400.00 price tag has ever really been appreciated, in an auction or anywhere)

Here are pictures of the jacket I just won, via the auction.

Now for the price I paid...a whopping $43

Just thought I'd share my story. :)

The prices are very subjective because depends on the market but I think $50us is reasonable for that jacket.I don't know how lady dairhean works out her pricing but collectors have an individual idea on the value of items so I would just use that as a very rough guide.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

The prices are very subjective because depends on the market but I think $50us is reasonable for that jacket.I don't know how lady dairhean works out her pricing but collectors have an individual idea on the value of items so I would just use that as a very rough guide.

Yes, just like anything really. I wasn't planning to pay more than $70 so I'm happy with $43.

Who's 'Lady Dairhean' ?

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Yes, just like anything really. I wasn't planning to pay more than $70 so I'm happy with $43.

Who's 'Lady Daihean' ?

Still a cool jacket have no idea who she actually is but that's her website

Lady Daihean has no clue on a lot of her pricing or what she's talking about on somethings. Just my opinion.

It's cool that Lady Daihean created a GNR collecting site. I think she would be better having a price range then actual prices just a suggestion if shes reading

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Lady Daihean has no clue on a lot of her pricing or what she's talking about on somethings. Just my opinion.

It's cool that Lady Daihean created a GNR collecting site. I think she would be better having a price range then actual prices just a suggestion if shes reading

While I will say some of the prices are a little dated, and I might not be able verify all the info on her site, I'm glad she has the site. I've been looking through it for the past 20 minutes or so, and I saw some shirts I really wanted to track down. LOL

But I definitely wouldn't rely on her pricing...

• 3 weeks later...