New Guitar World Illusions interview

gabrielsevenn7

I read it today at the store. Anyone got it to post on here? Thought people might like to read it if anyone has it. Red Hot Chilli Peppers are on the cover. I haven't seen it on here anywhere yet so thought I'd mention it. It's Duff and Slash and Alan Nivens who answered the questions so I put it in former gunners. Couple of old quotes from Axl but they didn't ask him any questions, obviously.

http://www.guitarworld.com/poll-what-your-favorite-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-song

Estranged was the top vote getter for favorite song off the Illusions. Kind of surprised me. I voted for it, too.

Estranged, eh? Nice song, but I would pick Coma, Civil War or The Garden anyday. But that's just me.

I thought about Coma. Think that was 3rd in the voting. NR was 2. The Coma solos are some of my favorites of all time. And the verses at the end are some of Axl's best stuff. I kinda think Civil war can be monotonous.

Duff talked about the appearance he had with Axl onstage awhile back. He made it sound like it was Axl's doing and he just showed up to find Axl in his hotel room and the next thing he knew he was onstage. Who watched the video? I did but it has been awhile. Kinda weird if it was all Duff's gear there already set up. I don't remember what he was playing though.

• 2 weeks later...

Estranged, eh? Nice song, but I would pick Coma, Civil War or The Garden anyday. But that's just me.

This man knows his shit. Actually, all four of those would be my top picks from the Illusions.... which I guess would make them my favourite songs by GNR since I value most of the Illusions songs over AFD. Nothing on AFD touches those 4 songs imo.

Does it make me a bad GNR fan that I'd rank Illusions and the four acoustic songs on Lies above AFD? :question:

I don't think so. I used to like the Illusions better, too. Kind of like them all the same now.