So it´s just another CD-tour?

Guest siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

As much as I love GNR.

But is this tour just going to be another CD-tour, in support of a three year old album without promotion?

Will there not be any news or anything? Or any new album? Is the tour forced or endorsed by Axl himself?

Can somebody just throw the fans a fucking bone, or update the three year old homepage www.gunsnroses.com?

Who the fuck is managing this wreck of a "band"?

Edited by siliconmessiah

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love GNR.

But is this tour just going to be another CD-tour, in support of a three year old album without promotion?

Will there not be any news or anything? Or any new album? Is the tour forced or endorsed by Axl himself?

Can somebody just throw the fans a fucking bone?

It appears the band is going on tour - that is a pretty big bone. The only bigger bone would be to release a new album.

I don't really care about the other stuff that much. It doesn't matter to me if the tour is forced or not, if it is a cash grab, if it has promotion or not, if there are videos or not, how many interviews Axl does or not.

New Music.

Tour.

After those two things, nothing else really matters to me.

Sure, it would be nice to get an official statement from the band. But in the long run, that doesn't really mean that much to me. Music and touring - that's really all that is important.

Guest siliconmessiah

Yeah. I am being serious here.

I support GNR in their efforts and so on...

But this is ridiculous. What the fuck is going on?

Edited by siliconmessiah

As much as I love GNR.

It appears the band is going on tour - that is a pretty big bone. The only bigger bone would be to release a new album.

I don't really care about the other stuff that much. It doesn't matter to me if the tour is forced or not, if it is a cash grab, if it has promotion or not, if there are videos or not, how many interviews Axl does or not.

New Music.

Tour.

Sure, it would be nice to get an official statement from the band. But in the long run, that doesn't really mean that much to me. Music and touring - that's really all that is important.

Would be nice if they combined those two, and followed it up with an album. Stuff that most bands tend to accomplish every few years, with good execution. What comparatively little GN'R accomplishes is done with poor execution. It's very hard to argue that and it is the source of most of the fans' frustrations.

That said, I'll watch the show. Can't complain too much when you get a pro shot live stream. Those are few and far between. I'm sure it'll be a great performance by all involved. I've had very little to complain about with the four shows I got to see since 2006. That's about the extent of my expectations though. Doubt we'll see anything noteworthy from a hardcore fan's perspective, but at the same time just seeing the band perform and getting a pro shot show is an event in itself.

Would be nice if they combined those two, and followed it up with an album.

I agree that their best bet is to release the next album and tour the states at the same time. Then again, they tried to do that in 2006, and we all know how that ended. Axl can't seem to do two things at once nowadays. :shrugs:

As much as I love GNR.

Can somebody just throw the fans a fucking bone, or update the three year old homepage www.gunsnroses.com?

Who the fuck is managing this wreck of a "band"?

Should we start laying out bets that they play the same exact setlist that they have been gigging on for the last 3 tours? Maybe a bit of a shake up? look at the number of shows played with the same setlist..then compare?

What do you all say?? Bets on the table??...change up of set list or same ol same ol show thats been done??? What about stage show? same old song and dance??

Im betting there will be: No promotion..no press conferance..no interviews..no magazine exposures.. no website updates....but first and foremost no new music...naww thats way to easy of a bet. Thats me be in lazy and saying what is obviously predictable.

I think we are in for another CD tour, I hope I'm wrong though. I think that people will turn up to these shows because of this, especially in the U.S because they haven't heard the other songs from CD played live before.

New material would be fantastic but another Guns N' Roses show with or without new material can also be fantastic .

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. There have basically been three tours since Axl came back and there were new tunes played at each. Unfortunately off the same album, but whatever.

Someone posted a picture of a poster on page 3 of this thread: http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=178772

It's tough to read the print as the picture is really small, but I don't think I see the phrase "Chinese Democracy" used at all. Hopefully that's a good sign.

As much as I love GNR.

New Music.

Tour.

Yeah,that pretty well covers it. Some of the whiners and their "wants not being provided" nauseate me. Nicely worded Groghan!

I saw the band twice on the CD tour and didn't get to hear Catcher, TWAT, This I Love or Prostitute. SO I'd be happy to just hear those songs live.

Obviously we all want new songs. That's a given.

But let's not throw out too much of a "bash Axl just for bashing Axl's sake" that a lot of you like to do. A LOT of the complaints on here were that Axl played toooooo much AFD and not enough from the albums released by the current band. So are the same people going to complain if Axl and Co. play 9 songs off of CD? You guys say the new band needs to stand on their own material and not only rely on AFD and Illusions.....so if they play 9-10 songs off of CD, will you come on here and say "OK, good job boys." Or will you just complain that they aren't playing any "new" songs?

I think there are a group of guys who are going to complain no matter what Axl does. If they play 10 songs off of CD and ten brand new songs, the same people would be complaining "What the hell!!!! How come they dropped all of the old classics. Not cool. We want to hear the songs that made them famous." They are going to complain no matter what Axl does.

If they come through my neck of the woods, I will go see them.

And in my dream world, they would play Catcher, TIL, TWAT and Prostitute as well as a couple unreleased songs. And maybe a Civil War, Yesterdays and Estranged over Out Ta Get Me and Live and Let Die.

Edited by Groghan

I saw the band twice on the CD tour and didn't get to hear Catcher, TWAT, This I Love or Prostitute. SO I'd be happy to just hear those songs live.

Obviously we all want new songs. That's a given.

But let's not throw out too much of a "bash Axl just for bashing Axl's sake" that a lot of you like to do. A LOT of the complaints on here were that Axl played toooooo much AFD and not enough from the albums released by the current band. So are the same people going to complain if Axl and Co. play 9 songs off of CD? You guys say the new band needs to stand on their own material and not only rely on AFD and Illusions.....so if they play 9-10 songs off of CD, will you come on here and say "OK, good job boys." Or will you just complain that they aren't playing any "new" songs?

I think there are a group of guys who are going to complain no matter what Axl does. If they play 10 songs off of CD and ten brand new songs, the same people would be complaining "What the hell!!!! How come they dropped all of the old classics. Not cool. We want to hear the songs that made them famous." They are going to complain no matter what Axl does.

If they come through my neck of the woods, I will go see them.

And in my dream world, they would play Catcher, TIL, TWAT and Prostitute as well as a couple unreleased songs. And maybe a Civil War, Yesterdays and Estranged over Out Ta Get Me and Live and Let Die.

You called that one Groghan,the bitchy little fucks will always find something to cry about.

Axl doesn't work for any of you assholes.

actually he does.

No he doesn't.

YOU choose to buy his albums, attend his tours, buy his merchandise or spend time on a GnR forum. YOU CHOOSE to do that. You don't have to.

Edited by Groghan

Axl doesn't work for any of you assholes.

actually he does.

No he doesn't.

YOU choose to buy his albums, attend his tours, by his merchandise or spend time on a GnR forum. YOU CHOOSE to do that. You don't have to.

Seconded!! They don't seem to grasp this principal.