Gn'R book

cisz

Hello Everyone,

My name is Cisz, I’m a graphic designer from the Netherlands and I’d like to ask you all a favour.

Last year I was supposed to graduate at the art academy with a book (a tribute) to Guns n’ Roses.

Unfortunatly it became quite a struggle with the teachers and eventually they rejected it.

However I still want to make this book because the music of Gn’R means a lot to me.

It made me who I am today and that all started after hearing ‘Paradise City’ many years ago.

Guns n’ Roses wasn’t ‘just a band’ like some people think, they made history!

I want to pay tribute to the band by making a book full of memories.

And therefor I need your help. I want to collect memories from all over the world of Gn’R and the album ‘Appetite for Destruction’.

What do you remember of the first time hearing Guns n’ Roses? Which song was it? How old were you?

What music were you into at that time? What do you remember of that time ‘80’s / early’90’s (the music, the fashion, tv etc.)

What is your favourite song on Appetite for Destruction?

Do you have any specific memory or anecdote concerning Guns n’ Roses?

If you have pictures concerning Guns n’ Roses, they are most welcome!

Please, e-mail your story and pictures to me at: gnrbook@gmail.com

Don’t forget to mention your name and where you’re from.

When I’m using your text or pictures, I’ll add your name to the text or picture.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by cisz

It was 1992 and i was 7 years old, up to that point i had mostly heard my mums favourite music (Sweet, Queen, Tina Turner, Elvis, Aerosmith, T-Rex) which i loved and used to listen to on my own as well, then ITV (UK) showed highlights of this band "Guns n Roses" from a huge gig in Paris, I had heard of them before and recognised a few of the songs, but had never actually listened to them.

Then this came on, i remember sitting on the sofa and watching this band and just being amazed all the way through, from the outrageous juxtapositions of styles and dress senses in the band, to the larger than life personas they each had the fantastic energy of the performance, it was like watching wrestling a circus show and a queen performance all rolled into one. i remember getting of the sofa and gradually moving closer to the TV in absolute awe of this band, they seemed to encompass everything that i ever wanted to hear and i was hooked, the energy of paradise city the slow melodies of Patience, it was all so perfect.

the next week i missed an issue of the magazine i had collected for ages (The animals of Farthing Wood - An animation teaching kids about the dangers of pollution, hunting etc) in order to buy a cassette "Use Your Illusion 2" and the obsession really kicked in, from the opening speech, which about 8 years later recognised in the film 'cool hand luke', to the fast songs i could jump around too (Breakdown was my favourite) then "Estranged" which was like listening to Bohemian Rhapsody but more hard hitting and possibly even more over the top.\

Since then GnR (more to the point Axl the guy that had me fascinated from that first song) has been with me through all my endeavors, whether i am partying with my friends, on the pull in a club or mourning a break up, there is a song for every mood, and probably a tshirt too, i think i have 24 GnR shirts now.

EDIT

Sorry i will email this too you, i have a lot more to say but i have a tendancy to go off on tangents but feel free to ask me any more leading questions through email or on here should you wish :)

Edited by blake-a-mania

Hello Everyone,

My name is Cisz, I’m a graphic designer from the Netherlands and I’d like to ask you all a favour.

Last year I was supposed to graduate at the art academy with a book (a tribute) to Guns n’ Roses.

Unfortunatly it became quite a struggle with the teachers and eventually they rejected it.

However I still want to make this book because the music of Gn’R means a lot to me.

It made me who I am today and that all started after hearing ‘Paradise City’ many years ago.

Guns n’ Roses wasn’t ‘just a band’ like some people think, they made history!

I want to pay tribute to the band by making a book full of memories.

And therefor I need your help. I want to collect memories from all over the world of Gn’R and the album ‘Appetite for Destruction’.

What do you remember of the first time hearing Guns n’ Roses? Which song was it? How old were you?

What music were you into at that time? What do you remember of that time ‘80’s / early’90’s (the music, the fashion, tv etc.)

What is your favourite song on Appetite for Destruction?

Do you have any specific memory or anecdote concerning Guns n’ Roses?

If you have pictures concerning Guns n’ Roses, they are most welcome!

Please, e-mail your story and pictures to me at: gnrbook@gmail.com

Don’t forget to mention your name and where you’re from.

When I’m using your text or pictures, I’ll add your name to the text or picture.

Thanks in advance!

I have an anecdote for you my friend:

BUY RECKLESS ROAD YOU CHEAP FUCK!!!