Thank you Axl Rose

Jax

Everyones a big fan of something- a sports team, a tv show, a music group etc.

I've been a die-hard GNR fan since 1987 and have seen them play here in NY anytime they're in town ever since (both the original and Axl & company-Hammerstein Ballroom rocked!)

I was 22 then, dancing on giant speakers in night clubs and I'm uh 46 now, and not doing that anymore, but I would if Spit in Levittown NY were still open. Wow, I've been listening to SCOM for 24 years!?

I discovered this website years ago. I like to check the forum occasionally for updates. Sometimes the topics are interesting, most times silly. Once in a while I chime in.

Like everyone else, I too had always hoped for a reunion of the original band. I'd seen several shows with new players - although they were really good shows they were always missing something - obviously the old players. I went to these shows anyway. I didn't like to admit it, but it was like some people said, it was the "Axl Rose and his hired Guns" show.

Last nights show was in NJ which is a hassle to get to from L.I. NY, (why didn't you play MSG?) plus it was a work night and I heard they've been going on really late - but hey its Axl. We were both really tired, it's been a rough week - sad because we had to put our 14 year old dog to sleep a few days ago. We weren't in the best of moods.

I bought Gen Admission tickets, which means we'd be standing all night (I'm a bartender and I stand all day) My poor husband works crazy hours so I figured if we made it to midnight that would be good enough.

10pm - the warmup was some band from England "Ask Alexandria" or something like that. We got a spot right up front. Alot of people were heckling which I never understand, its so mean. Their singer did spit every 10 seconds though, I counted. After they got off there was a guy mopping the stage- that was his job - mopping spit, poor guy.

BTW, alot of freaks in Gen Adm. Yeah I'm talking about the big 50 year old guy who was throwing Skittles at the stage and snorting coke during GNR. Really? You and your obnoxious little buddy almost knocked me and a bunch of people over like 3 times after you tried to push your way up front. I hope you got pulled over and searched on the way home you douche.

11pm on the dot, they started playing the theme music from the TV show "Dexter" (where Axl got his forum name?) then GNR came out and started with CD. Holy crap did they sound good and every song after that! These guys played like they were together forever. Every song was right on. Even the covers (The Who, Pink Floyd, AC/DC) they did were awesome. Everyone on stage had personality and charisma, you didn't know who to watch. I can't believe I'm saying this but it was just as good as the original GNR. They went non stop till 2 am. We left at 1:30 before the encores (my husband was about to pass out) and I was bummed to hear I missed "Madagascar".

Anyway, Axl Rose, I read that you read these posts sometimes and I want to thank you for a great show last night and for putting together this perfectly fitted group. Took you long enough! And thank you for taking care of GNR name and its songs all these years. I met Duff at his book signing recently. I read his book, and whether its based on fact or not, you can't help but adore the guy. Normally I'd feel like a traitor for saying your new line-up is just as good, but they really are and seeing no reunion is in your futures than Duff might feel proud that you did right by GNR standard. But WTF do I know, I'm just a weirdo fan and its passed my bedtime.

BTW, I got some serious eye contact with you a couple of times. I was the tall long haired blond about 10 rows from stage on your left singing along with you, (but off key) and thats right, you checked me out! Thank you, you made my night! As I listen to my husband snoring in the other room...

nice to read something on here finally thats NOT whining...+1 :)

Another great review of their concert, I like the interaction with the audience rather than the aggression of the audience throwing things & everyone missing a great show when it was cut short after they walked off. They actually look like they enjoy what they do, not spaced out in their own little worlds. :thumbsup:

This is really entertaining - http://www.nj.com/entertainment/music/index.ssf/2011/11/guns_n_roses_start_late_and_go/2250/comments-2.html

This article about the IZOD show is really negative - but the writer just gets swamped by readers responding to the trash that he writes about the band. It's just amazing - this seems to be happening with every single show!!! It just didn't happen 5 years ago - more proof that the band is turning the corner in terms of public perception and striking a chord with those who come to view them with an open mind.

I was there too and Axl made eye contact with me too. It was when the show was over and he was walking off the stage. I cheered like crazy and he stopped, looked, and he had this smile on his face that was so goddamn genuine and happy. It was really fucking cool.

Thank you Axl for that show. It was absolutely fucking incredible and I had the best time ever.

I no longer believe these positive "reviewers" are making real posts. Too contrived. Too ass-kissing. It's reverse trolling for a band that's a laughing stock.

fuck off then, you're not needed or wanted here.

Nice post. I was the small girl with straight reddish hair, dressed in black, first row inbetween where Fortus and Axl stand. I was the first one on the floor. I too had eye contact quite a few times with Axl, Fortus, and DJ. They do pay attention and look at their audience. It was an awesome show, do doubt about it.