GnR's next plans are dependent on the US market

gnrfan2007

From the TMS interview, Axl basically said that how the US tour goes will dictate what GnR's next plans are.

If the US tour is viewed as a *success* - assuming by the record company - then you can probably expect a re-release of CD with a more traditional record promotion: music videos, live TV performances, etc ...

Axl hinted that GnR does want to do a music video, but making a great music video requires a lot of money. So either money comes out of his pocket, or the record company's pocket. And if they make music videos for CD, then obviously, they will re-release CD.

Then of course, there would be another CD world tour to follow this re-release.

In terms of markets, this all makes sense because CD really has not maximized the entire potential market in the US. With the right kind of promotion - backed by their record company - GnR should be able to easily sell another 3+ million records in the US alone, given that their traditional core fanbase is around 5+ million in the US. And who knows how many more millions they can sell worldwide with a proper traditional record promotion!

If the US tour is indeed viewed as a "success" - assuming by the record company - then you can expect that there will be indeed another new album, but that new album will be atleast another 2 years away as they will be on another world tour during this time.

But it is not clear what will happen if the US tour is NOT viewed as a "success" - assuming by the record company.

Will the record company support another GnR record? Will GnR have to go grassroots to self-produce a new record?

Obviously, if the US tour is not viewed as a "success", how much more touring can GnR do on Chinese Democracy? Can we expect a new album SOONER if the US tour is not viewed as a "success"?

So the next direction of GnR is now in the hands of the people of the USA. Will the USA fawk things up for the rest of the world?!

Edited by gnrfan2007

please do take into consideration the fact that there is no set vehicle ready to release anything by GNR. there is no connection with any record label at the moment.

chinese democracy is the biggest joke of music recording ever. Any record label would be completely insane to forward axl cash to do any recording. If he wants to release something, he needs to write and record on his own budget, then present a finished product to the labels.

maybe limited resources will get him off his ass and develop better music in a faster timeframe. maybe it will amount to no new gnr music released ever again.

who knows. time will tell. I am hopeful. but I do know how reality works.

please do take into consideration the fact that there is no set vehicle ready to release anything by GNR. there is no connection with any record label at the moment.

chinese democracy is the biggest joke of music recording ever. Any record label would be completely insane to forward axl cash to do any recording. If he wants to release something, he needs to write and record on his own budget, then present a finished product to the labels.

maybe limited resources will get him off his ass and develop better music in a faster timeframe. maybe it will amount to no new gnr music released ever again.

who knows. time will tell. I am hopeful. but I do know how reality works.

CD is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Do you own a record label? Nobody is going to give Axl 15 million bucks and no time line. But you are insane if you think that no record label would give GnR money and a contract.